Axe-Edit iPad

I would love this to come to iPad too. I'm guessing it's built on something cross platform like Java since it runs identically on PC and Mac, if so you'd think it'd be fairly straight forwards to get it running on iPad, aside from the need to build touch controls. You'd think it'd be expected for things like the AX8. I'd love to edit my XL with my iPad.

I have zero interest in the Lemur GSP idea - I want a fully functioning Axe Edit. As with the others, I'd pay for Axe Edit iPad, though I suspect the lack thereof is more down to resource/time than budget.
It's just c++.. C++ is the best for multiplatform too...

I would pay 25 as well and searched this not brand new topic on forum as well as internet. dont wanna drag a laptop with me and from start i use axe edit and not the axe fx front panel. not wanna buy surface or windows as we have mostly ios equipment at home.

so YES an ios app to edit axe fx would be very welcome!

note: there is an app for ios also in apple store, BUT it seems not updated!
this person hasnt (according my findings from other axe users that bought it) updated it since 2012 or so.
But it is at least not updated to Quantum.

So if FAS or Cliff has any information or can hook up with this guy to help him with supporting to update this app or get him aboard as fas axe edit app developer or just get the software adapt it for quantum 2 that would be super great!!!

tags: IPAD IOS APP AXE EDIT APPLE

I thought Cliff said once that one of the issues was not being able to install a driver to the iPad. I could be wrong

It would be great for sure. So many people using an IPAD now. In fact I always thought that a Tablet or an IPAD should be THE ULTIMATE SCREEN! Someone should even design a kind of adapator to fit those on top of the AX8 .

Last edited:
Any update on this? It would be great to have AX8-Edit on the iPad. I would pay for it.
there is no update. I doubt it will ever happen. Cliff said once that part of the issue has to do with installing a driver on the ipad. Granted AX 8 doesn't need a driver but I can't see them doing an ios editor for AX/FX and leaving Axe without one. What most of us have been doing is running a window's tablet to run edit. Works just fine

Does anyone know if the new windows anniversary update will have Bluetooth midi? there have been rumors for a while. Even if we could connect an ipad to Axe Edit somehow and make some midi controllers with Midi Designer that would be good.

any news on this ? I wonder if the Ipad could be used for scenes, showing the name of a scene and its content, im missing a scene overview per say :)
There was never news about this sadly. Also currently scenes can't be named (unless you were just talking about the scene #)

Back
Top Bottom