Axe-Edit iPad

I would too though that begs the question - how much would you pay? I'd pay $25 USD. Heck I just spent 20 times that to get a Windows tablet to use for Axe Edit.

if I had $1 for every time a request like this popped up over the years I would be almost able to get my self a 2 in 1 windows tablet to run edit on. For the record I totally want this request to happen but I have given up on it and looking to get a cheap 2 in 1 to handle my edit needs (which honestly is not needed often)

Cliff did state at one time that he would like it. But my guess is there is probably not enough ressources for a project like this. That's probably why it has not happened.

I would love this to come to iPad too. I'm guessing it's built on something cross platform like Java since it runs identically on PC and Mac, if so you'd think it'd be fairly straight forwards to get it running on iPad, aside from the need to build touch controls. You'd think it'd be expected for things like the AX8. I'd love to edit my XL with my iPad.

I have zero interest in the Lemur GSP idea - I want a fully functioning Axe Edit. As with the others, I'd pay for Axe Edit iPad, though I suspect the lack thereof is more down to resource/time than budget.

At a rehearsal or gig I usually have an iPad in front of me running Setlist Maker + my remote mixer app, how sweet it would be to have Axe Edit to fine tune my AxeFX on the fly.
This the theme. More and more manufacturers' products are supporting the iPad so to have FAS do the same would be an incredibly big win.

Last edited:
Well, you CAN use your iPad. It requires using a Mac(Book) inbetween, with the iPad wired to the Mac.

I use the Duet Display program at home. I run it on my MacBook and my iPad.
It extends the MacBook desktop to the iPad, creating a 2nd screen. It's very easy to set up.

It lets me use the iPad's touchscreen to control Axe-Edit (and the other editors).
And that works remarkably well!
It's also fast / lag-free, because of the wired connection.

It's a paid program but there probably are alternatives.

I just bought a Surface 3 instead. Cheaper than the Mac option and it works great. I use the Surface for guitar stuff and the iPad for everything else.

Well, you CAN use your iPad. It requires using a Mac(Book) inbetween, with the iPad wired to the Mac.

I use the Duet Display program at home. I run it on my MacBook and my iPad.
It extends the MacBook desktop to the iPad, creating a 2nd screen. It's very easy to set up.

It lets me use the iPad's touchscreen to control Axe-Edit (and the other editors).
And that works remarkably well!
It's also fast / lag-free, because of the wired connection.

It's a paid program but there probably are alternatives.

I was going to suggest this exact idea when I saw this thread. Maybe someday there will be an Axe-Fx III or II XXL+ Extreme with built in Bluetooth that can interact with tablets and smart phones that have an Axe-Edit app.

Back
Top Bottom