Wish Axe-Edit iOS interface

cnaufel

Experienced
Not only for the AX8 unit, but probably this is a request from several other FAS product users.
I believe this is a must! Line 6 have some editors for their products running through iPad app. I have an iRig Pro interface that can "talk" with iPad apps such as Garage Band, Bias Amp, Bias FX...etc.

This has been requested many times over the 8 (?) yrs I've been around here.. Hasn't happened yet.
It may be on the list, but there's many challenges with a small shop supporting iOS devices..

I guess the question is "What functionality are you hoping to have in an IOS app" Is it just for modifying parameters when you're away from a Macbook or PC (such as at rehearsal)? I can't imagine wanting it for live use as there is latency and audio artefacts involved when changing stuff via Ax8 Edit etc. I see that it might be convenient to use an iPad when at rehearsal but I would still have to have an interface plugged in to it, cables run to the AX8, etc. So I'm happy to just take my Macbook whilst I get things how I want them.

Anyhow, just my 2cents

As an alternative I have seen mentioned that people are using cheap Windows tablets. Can anyone recommend a good cheap Windows tablet they have used that with AX8 Edit?

I would be happy with an mirror image of the display going to an iPad or similar. I like how the screen shows everything I want, but from six feet away, I really have a hard time reading anything. I think the display size is probably perfect for an axe 2 that sits in a rack, closer distance, but down there it just doesn't work for me. And I don't think something like the larger helix screen would make that much of a difference for me.

Full disclosure, my eyes aren't what they used to be....

I have a small 8" tablet, and it is a bit difficult to operate with my big manly hands 10 As you can see here, I have a bit of trouble selecting presets

Yeah it looks like it is tricky. With my bratwurst fingers I would have no chance. I think 10 inch minimum really

Back
Top Bottom