Wish Draggable Preset Window

Fractivator

Hey guys. Loving my Axe III. I use Axe Edit at home on my PC to jump around my favorite presets by color coding them and filtering by that color. I like to pin the preset list so it's always an open screen, but I find the preset window opens within the Axe Edit window. For me, it would be really handy feature to be able to drag the preset window outside the view of the Axe Edit window (I have an extra wide screen) so that I can tweak the preset and then jump to another preset using the preset window (so both windows are visible and functioning at the same time). After nearly 12 months with this amazing piece of gear, this is the only thing that I can honestly say for now that would be an improvement for how I'm using it.

Here's a snip of a few presets...I would love to interact with the main screen with the blocks while also keeping the preset window opened and pinned.

1571950848927.png

Maybe others agree? I'd be interested to hear...

Agree ... and it would also be very useful to have the Axe-Manage window floating so that when a preset is being auditioned, you can actually see the details of the preset ( and perhaps modify it ) without first having to load it into a preset slot. If you like it, then you can load it.

Yes and a related wish would be for the cab picker window to float so it does not obscure the cab block. I’d like to open the cab picker and drag n drop cabs to fill the 4 slots.

One of the best features of the original Axe-Edit (from back in the Standard/Ultra days) was the ability to open multiple floating windows that could contain anything -- the presets list, the edit window, bank files -- and drag between them at will. I'd build a bank for the next gig and then save it to disk, ready to load into the Axe when the time was right, without changing anything on the box itself. Total modeless freedom. It's the only feature I miss.

One of the best features of the original Axe-Edit (from back in the Standard/Ultra days) was the ability to open multiple floating ... It's the only feature I miss.

The "Export Preset + Cab Bundle" feature is also missed.

My presets & Cabs are a real mess. I would like to save all my presets with cabs, wipe all presets and cab memory, and reload my presets one by one locating the cabs in an ordered manner

Hey guys. Loving my Axe III. I use Axe Edit at home on my PC to jump around my favorite presets by color coding them and filtering by that color. I like to pin the preset list so it's always an open screen, but I find the preset window opens within the Axe Edit window. For me, it would be really handy feature to be able to drag the preset window outside the view of the Axe Edit window (I have an extra wide screen) so that I can tweak the preset and then jump to another preset using the preset window (so both windows are visible and functioning at the same time). After nearly 12 months with this amazing piece of gear, this is the only thing that I can honestly say for now that would be an improvement for how I'm using it.

Here's a snip of a few presets...I would love to interact with the main screen with the blocks while also keeping the preset window opened and pinned.

1571950848927.png

Maybe others agree? I'd be interested to hear...
I'd love to drag it off onto another monitor, or iPad monitor sharing!
Yes, its in the way, but I'm trying not to complain, cause there's so much to be thrilled about.
Having said that, we don't ever want ToasterEdit 1.0 to catch up lol

That was never a feature in the original Axe-Edit. ;)

But yes, managing user cabs along with presets can be a bit cumbersome. The ability to handle bundles would be great.

My presets & Cabs are a real mess. I would like to save all my presets with cabs, wipe all presets and cab memory, and reload my presets one by one locating the cabs in an ordered manner

I recently pulled a spreadsheet report of my presets with their cabs and then sorted my cabs to make room for new cab packs I purchased, then I used the report to “rebuild” my presets so they pointed to the same cabs as before.

frac pad made this possible for me.
I opened my cab bank in there and could drag selected ranges and the cabs after that point would shift to make room for the newly inserted range. Then I imported the new cab banks back into the box.

That was never a feature in the original Axe-Edit. ;)

But yes, managing user cabs along with presets can be a bit cumbersome. The ability to handle bundles would be great.

Yes, the export preset + CAB Bundle was a feature before the Axe-FX III. Even AX8-Edit has it. I am sorry that you missed it ;)

I've tried the Excel sheet from FracTool, but I've got sych a mess of crossed references that I was lost

Yes, the export preset + CAB Bundle was a feature before the Axe-FX III. Even AX8-Edit has it. I am sorry that you missed it ;)

I've tried the Excel sheet from FracTool, but I've got sych a mess of crossed references that I was lost
I think Rex was referring to the original Axe-Edit... The bundle support was added in Axe-Edit 3 (for Axe Fx II)...

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom