Axe Edit III - Update

Funny how comfortable the front panel is on the Axe-Fx II, once you start using it. The III is even better.
I've tried using the front panel of the Axe 2 many times, but it always felt very awkward to use...
I've the video on the front panel of Axe 3, I think it's great. Most things I don't like about axe 2 are fixed, or will be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on when we'll be getting Axe Edit III? I have live patches I've been working on for my band to use with 2 guitarists and it's a nightmare to work on from the front panel when I have tweaks to make. We've been told "soon" for weeks now, any timetable for when we can reasonably expect Axe Edit III to be available?

I'm looking forward to the eventual release as well although by necessity I'm learning the front panel. I just don't like bending down and sideways to where it's located in the rack, especially with a guitar in my lap.

Ok enough blathering on about how fantastic the front panel is on the III. The reality is it works but the layout doesn’t match that of the blocks and page layouts in existing Axe Edit. For that reason alone its a real pain in the A** to try and duplicate presets that we have built for our previous fractal gear. Any playing guitarist that has 100+ songs to transpose to the III has a monumental task of porting them over. In the three weeks Ive had the III I have only managed to set up a total 9 presets. I dont use generic presets that come in the box. Every preset is sculpted to fit the song its built for with multiple sene’s and controllers.

Things we need ASP!

AXE EDIT for III.

FracTool. I know this is all on AL but cant come soon enough.

Quite frankly the whole reason I bought my first fractal product was two fold. One it had a killer editor that made sense looking at it and two it sounded kick A$$. No more bending over to tweak settings in some god awful uncomfortable position. My shoulder is killing me anyone else?

Quite frankly the whole reason I bought my first fractal product was two fold. One it had a killer editor that made sense looking at it and two it sounded kick A$$. No more bending over to tweak settings in some god awful uncomfortable position. My shoulder is killing me anyone else?

If something hurts you and you keep doing the same thing over and over without adjusting your position you might want to rethink your strategy. I have mine at eye level when recreating patches. No problem here.

The struggle is real. Aid is on the way. Stay safe out there.

If something hurts you and you keep doing the same thing over and over without adjusting your position you might want to rethink your strategy. I have mine at eye level when recreating patches. No problem here.
Shoulder height sitting in a desk chair.

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 86
Tom:
was wandering 2 things on your set up .what cabinets are they ? ( brand -model )

what device ,is that next to your headphones. on the top?
Thanks in advance,
Hoosierdaddy
The bottom rack is a 10U SKB plastic vintage case and the top is an 8U Gator G-Pro in gray granite color. Top left is a little ALTO ZMX862 mixer. I work on stuff during the week in headphones then on the weekend I'm either playing out or use a buddies warehouse to play through my amp and speakers to see how bad I have stuff messed up. o_O

Back
Top Bottom