Axe Edit III - Update

I think it is a ploy by Cliff, to force users to use the front panel, thereby learning how awesome it is..;).I was planning to put III in the rack out of immediate reach when AxeEdit III does come out...now I don't wanna. But we shall see, as the man has promised it would be worth the wait.

I agree. The front panel is Way Easy! And intuitive. I am just anxious to see what new "tricks" the Axe Edit III will provide. Should be awesome based on what I have seen of my Axe III so far!

I'll have my Axe FX III in a few days. Mine is going in a rack that is a bit out of the way. So an editor would be very convenient for me. I actually like the computer editors more than the hardware editors in general. I have a Helix Floor that I love and its UI is super easy. I still use the computer editor. My workflow has the computer as the main interface anyway.

I AM sure that Axe Edit III will be great! I hated the hardware interface on the Axe FX II. Reminded me of the 80's - 90's synths that I spent years on. But Axe Edit was incredible. Really a shining star of programming goodness.

But that doesn't mean I'm not impatient.

The only things I would really want edit for is naming
Cab block
And more complex routings
The front panel is awesome though

Axe-Edit III -- as it will officially be known -- is in development and coming along GREAT. I'm testing daily builds which continue to grow and gain features and functions. It's fast and looks great. I was going to post a video just now, but my screen capture software expired! Next time...

Axe-Edit III -- as it will officially be known -- is in development and coming along GREAT. I'm testing daily builds which continue to grow and gain features and functions. It's fast and looks great. I was going to post a video just now, but my screen capture software expired! Next time...

Awesome. Can you comment on the
Quick build tab at this point at all??
I am guessing the ETA is
Soon :)

Thanks @Admin M@ !

...ahem....uh....QuickTime ..perhaps....?:cool:

Can't wait! I like knowing that it's easy to do everything from the Front Panel now. But looking forward to using Axe Edit so I can shove my rack out of the way :)

Tease...LOL

Quick Build shows ALL blocks in the edit panel so you can just drag them one-by-one to the grid as needed. I also have a LOAD TEMPLATE button on the prototype, which would allow you to load a template preset (preumably made of shunts) so when you drag blocks into place, they're already connected (and input/output blocks are already in place). This is essentially the existing "Preset Templates" feature of the previous version of Axe-Edit, but as a menu instead.

Quick Build shows ALL blocks in the edit panel so you can just drag them one-by-one to the grid as needed. I also have a LOAD TEMPLATE button on the prototype, which would allow you to load a template preset (preumably made of shunts) so when you drag blocks into place, they're already connected (and input/output blocks are already in place). This is essentially the existing "Preset Templates" feature of the previous version of Axe-Edit, but as a menu instead.

Thanks Matt ,that is super awesome
And sounds like an awesome simple
Workflow

Back
Top Bottom