Axe-Edit III Public Beta

Any rough estimate on when the full Axe Edit will be available?
A week, two weeks, three weeks, a month, more?

Yes ..it appears that , as of now, the USB is pretty sensitive to which USB dongle , hub, or cable is used with USB-C Macs and maybe which USB jack as well, not really a new thing, but potentially annoying. I’m goi g to see if I can find a single USB-C -USB-B cable to connect directly with to my Mac book Pro..
Like this?
Amazon product ASIN B00VKSF39O

The trick with many USB C ports and devices is to disconnect the dongle from its USB cable before plugging it in. I would NOT recommend a single cable. In fact I always recommend a full 5 seconds between connecting the dongle and attaching the Axe-Fx III.

Here is Mr. Careful's method:

1. Connect Dongle
2. Wait 5 seconds
3. Connect USB (the computer end... the Axe-Fx end can stay connected)
4. Power on Axe-Fx III

The trick with many USB C ports and devices is to disconnect the dongle from its USB cable before plugging it in. I would NOT recommend a single cable. In fact I always recommend a full 5 seconds between connecting the dongle and attaching the Axe-Fx III.

1. Connect Dongle
2. Wait 5 seconds
4. Power on Axe-Fx III
Thanks M.C........for the nonce, I am having good luck with it plugged into a OWC Thunderbolt 3 powered hub....

1. Connect Dongle
2. Wait 5
4. Power on Axe-Fx III
upon further testing, this protocol (using an Apple-branded dongle)seems to be the most trouble-free...I realized that the Thunderbolt 3 powered hub I w as using was xomehow introducing some unwanted background noise thru the III...

Just want to mention that the ability to copy blocks between presets will really help a lot of us trying to build presets. I'm sure you guys have your hands full with a ton of stuff to do but this will be very much appreciated when it make it to Axe Edit.

Installed Michael's Beta 05.04 and it is not working very well for me. A lot of lag between changes and values actually changing. Many blocks will not bypass, and other blocks will not switch channels remotely. Any changes made directly on the Axe III, do not refresh on the editor, unless I close and reopen.

I really hesitate to post, since this is a beta, and you have many top level pros to please - and I'm very confident the release will be stellar.

Edit: iMac 27” 5K retina 2017

Last edited:
Installed Michael's Beta 05.04 and it is not working very well for me. A lot of lag between changes and values actually changing. Many blocks will not bypass, and other blocks will not switch channels remotely. Any changes made directly on the Axe III, do not refresh on the editor, unless I close and reopen.

I really hesitate to post, since this is a beta, and you have many top level pros to please - and I'm very confident the release will be stellar.

it's beta dont hesitate, they need feedback.

One outcome/anomaly in installation of this version of AxeEditIII for me at least, is the new controller options borked the Volume BLK on the new III presets created by @camilovelandiamusic , the level control locked at 0 (I have no pedal attached or configured)..and set to NONE, resetting to NONE does correct it, as does removing/Shunting VOL BLK.

My antivirus was going nuts, locked up my computer when I tried to install... after other reports i'll just wait for the next one.

Huge thx for this mornings beta which includes block cut and paste. Can't wait to get this loaded and finally dig into some preset building. Thank you FAS!

Installed 0.5.7 today. It wasn't much better and I had to keep shutting down the app and opening it again to get it to refresh.

And then, I rebooted my iMac, and boom - it works pretty good. It still takes a second to update controls, but I think that is the sheer magnitude of all the stuff it is "checking" and it simply takes time.

We are heading in the right direction. Next, I would like to see the preset and cab managers (please and thank you).

Installed 0.5.7 today. It wasn't much better and I had to keep shutting down the app and opening it again to get it to refresh.

And then, I rebooted my iMac, and boom - it works pretty good. It still takes a second to update controls, but I think that is the sheer magnitude of all the stuff it is "checking" and it simply takes time.

We are heading in the right direction. Next, I would like to see the preset and cab managers (please and thank you).

I will say that I had to reboot also before it would work. Axe-Edit would start. Show the preset. But Axe-FX wouldn’t not respond to anything I did within Axe-Edit. Reboot resolved this. On OSX also.

Installed 0.5.7 today, no problems for me. Windows 10. Thanks for adding the modifiers, much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom