Axe-Edit III Public Beta

Played around a bit today. Everything is awesome. It seems like the release of the 3 has motivated FAS to step up their game and the new Axe Edit is showing major potential.

On my mac, it still saying disconnected, any ideas?

Make sure you have firmware 1.08 installed.

This has worked for me in the past with the Axe FXII and Axe Edit when I had the same problem a couple of times.

Try turning off the Axe FXIII, closing out of Axe Edit, and turning off your computer. Make sure you usb cable is plugged in from the Axe FXIII to your computer.

Turn the computer back on, turn the Axe FXIII back on (wait until it is fully loaded), open up Axe Edit. It will take a little time for it to load everything into it the first time you use it. If you have installed new firmware you may need to hit "refresh after new FW" under settings in Axe Edit.

Also, be sure you have latest USB firmware installed. Might also be helpful to point out that I can't get my iMac to see my Axe-Fx III with a USB cable and a USB extension cable. Only if I loose the extension cable will it see it. My Windows 10 PC is fine with or without a USB extension cable connected.

I was able to replicate also by adding enough blocks to get close to 89%. Not complaining, just affirming :) Knobs update slowly and deleting blocks to bring the CPU back down takes about 5-10 seconds. On latest FW for the Axe (1.08) and USB (1.06). Running on OSX 10.11.6.

the pin doesn't hold when auditioning presets. would be nice to have a pin for scenes too ;-)

EDIT: must've been something else, today the pin is holding the presets preview window

Last edited:
Also, be sure you have latest USB firmware installed. Might also be helpful to point out that I can't get my iMac to see my Axe-Fx III with a USB cable and a USB extension cable. Only if I loose the extension cable will it see it. My Windows 10 PC is fine with or without a USB extension cable connected.
Yes ..it appears that , as of now, the USB is pretty sensitive to which USB dongle , hub, or cable is used with USB-C Macs and maybe which USB jack as well , not really a new thing, but potentially annoying. I’m goi g to see if I can find a single USB-C -USB-B cable to connect directly with to my Mac book Pro..
Like this?
Amazon product ASIN B00VKSF39O

Yes ..it appears that , as of now, the USB is pretty sensitive to which USB dongle , hub, or cable is used with USB-C Macs and maybe which USB jack as well , not really a new thing, but potentially annoying. I’m goi g to see if I can find a single USB-C -USB-B cable to connect directly with to my Mac book Pro..
Like this?
Amazon product ASIN B00VKSF39O
that cable works for me.

Just got around to loading 1.08 and AxeEdit III.

The lagging when CPU is up around 70% is pretty bad, as others mentioned. Trying to change a cab to/from Mute to active in the Cab block was so bad that I thought it wasn't working at first.

Also, selecting a block and pressing the space bar to bypass was taking seconds to respond.

One other odd thing that happened was that while moving a Delay block my modifiers vanished. Actually, it was when "swapping" blocks on the grid. Will try to reproduce later.

Back
Top Bottom