Axe-Edit III Public Beta

I'm working on a preset (preset #504) however it somehow shows that it is preset #503 on axe edit III. How is this possible and how do I fix it? Even when I type in 001 in axe edit III for bassguy, I end up with it saying 002 on my axe fx III.

I'm working on a preset (preset #504) however it somehow shows that it is preset #503 on axe edit III. How is this possible and how do I fix it? Even when I type in 001 in axe edit III for bassguy, I end up with it saying 002 on my axe fx III.

Go to 'Setup' -> 'MIDI/Remote' -> 'Display Offset'. Set that to zero.

Just curious will theQuickbuild feature be available soon or is that functionality still a way off
It sounds like a really cool workflow

Not sure if this was brought up in the previous pages on the thread...Is there a way to mute the guitars when the Axe-Edit tuner is in use?

I have just discovered that many of the perceived UI issues I have been experiencing today with Edit III have everything to do with which of my dual monitors it is running on (iMac Pro 10.13.4) it must run in the main monitor to function correctly.....hope this info may help someone else...
just wanted to update that i tested this with 2 different external monitors and i could not reproduce any issue with recent versions.

FYI, anyone using a Magic Mouse on a Mac may be having issues using the right click to select block types as I did, you can Control-click the block
to bring the pop up list.........

i also did not experience any issues with right-clicking the magic mouse in recent versions.

just wanted to update that i tested this with 2 different external monitors and i could not reproduce any issue with recent versions.

i also did not experience any issues with right-clicking the magic mouse in recent versions.
Seems to have been resolved for me as welll........

For what it's worth, I have intermittent connectivity issues with OSX High Sierra 10.13.4 on an iMac Pro via USB. At times it connects with no problem, but occasionally it will show it's connected on the top, but none of the patch info is available or modifiable. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, sometimes not. It's unpredictable, without any hardware changes or other identifiable reason for the disconnect.

Also, is it necessary to have AxeEdit re-read the entire user cab list every time you startup? It's slow and there's no change in my user cab list it would need to be updating. Not an error so much as a wish list I suppose.

Also, is it necessary to have AxeEdit re-read the entire user cab list every time you startup? It's slow and there's no change in my user cab list it would need to be updating. Not an error so much as a wish list I suppose.
Some kind of hash comparison may be implemented down the road. For now, there’s no way for Axe-Edit III to know that you haven’t changed any user cabs without checking each one.

For what it's worth, I have intermittent connectivity issues with OSX High Sierra 10.13.4 on an iMac Pro via USB. At times it connects with no problem, but occasionally it will show it's connected on the top, but none of the patch info is available or modifiable. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, sometimes not. It's unpredictable, without any hardware changes or other identifiable reason for the disconnect.

This week I also experienced occasional connectivity issues with my Axe-Edit and my MacBook Pro with USB. I'm running OSX High Sierra 10.13.1 on my setup. I had a blank screen with no patch info loaded up. I rebooted both the Axe-FX and Axe-Edit to troubleshoot the issue, that seemed to resolve the problem.

If you wait about 40 sec or so after starting up your Axe fX before you launch Axe Edit, the cabs will load without having to re-read the user cabs.

If you wait about 40 sec or so after starting up your Axe fX before you launch Axe Edit, the cabs will load without having to re-read the user cabs.
It'll still read the user cabs, but it'll go a lot faster.

What I meant was without you having to reinitiate a refresh of the user cab banks.
I understand. Still, it’s a good thing that Axe-Edit doesn’t require you to remember to do something in order to keep the user cabs in sync.

I'm having a lot of trouble using the PEQ block with Edit III. Particularly the 1st and 5th bands gain control becoming unresponsive. sometimes I need to reboot edit and the III to continue with changes.

EDIT: actually i think the problem is in the III. I can't edit values (band 1 & 5 gain) from the front panel when set to blocking

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom