Axe-Edit III Public Beta

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

NOTES:
  1. Axe-Fx III firmware 1.08 is recommended for use with this beta.
    https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-version-1-08.138132/
    Not all blocks have been implemented. Some appear without parameters in the editor pane.
  2. For Windows, you must first install the Axe-Fx III driver:
    https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/
  3. On Mac, an unknown issue prevents Axe-Edit III from working while Logic is running. Quit Logic and Axe-Edit, reboot your Axe-Fx III, and start Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
Super grateful for this, but my initial experience leads me to remind y'all that this is VERY MUCH STILL A BETA, as Matt stated in the OP, with many features not yet implemented or accessible, such as blocks library, as well as general UI, stability and time out query issues pretty common at least to me on latest iMac Pro , so Im sure feedback here will be welcome and aplenty ..hopefully most of the issues are
already being addressed, but you never know what we may uncover....but nonetheless, a pleasure to have it here...

....I was hoping against hope, knowing that the IIIs presets were incompatible with earlier versions, that earlier generation FX blocks may be
utilized in Edit III somehow ..such as my precious collection of @simeon 's delays and synth BLKs, but so far looks like no go. Oh well...

Thanks @Admin M@! I have a templates question. I know this is a Beta release, but will the Public release have any FAS created templates? Or will that be primarily for “user templates”? Just curious. I love the templates idea and feel it can be a real time saver.

Super grateful for this, but my initial experience leads me to remind y'all that this is VERY MUCH STILL A BETA, as Matt stated in the OP, with many features not yet implemented or accessible, such as blocks library, as well as general UI, stability and time out query issues pretty common at least to me on latest iMac Pro , so Im sure feedback here will be welcome and aplenty ..hopefully most of the issues are
already being addressed, but you never know what we may uncover....but nonetheless, a pleasure to have it here...

Post those bugs and issues in the new Axe-Edit III forum section.

Nice!

It works under Wine in Linux as well. The meters updating in real-time is good stuff!

Not all the blocks have working parameter pages right? Like when I add an RTA block I get a blank bottom section when I click on the block. Or the synth block.

Back
Top Bottom