[solved] Axe Edit III freeze with DAW?

Mladen

Is it normal behavior for Axe Edit III to freeze or get stuck when DAW is turned on?

Last edited:
I think there were some Pro Tools users that had that issue in the past. Never happens for me with Reaper.

I think Axe Edit III on the same PC as older Pro Tools version interferes with USB MIDI controllers.
I don't know what to do, Axe FX III is apsolutely the best sounding sound processor, the King of tone.

Last edited:
I've not had any issues with Axe Edit while running Cubase 10 or 12! Just finally nailed last night getting some scene/preset switching enabled in Cubase for the Axe, less tap dancing and more concentration on music creation!! I will keep an eye out and respond if I run into it!!! As for MIDI over USB, I am surprised we can not adjust our MIDI settings via Axe Edit ;~((

The solution is to disable the Axe-Fx III USB MIDI in ProTools. This is sometimes required in Logic.

The solution is to disable the Axe-Fx III USB MIDI in ProTools. This is sometimes required in Logic.

Hey, I found your post as I am having the same issue. I just got my Axe III and am using it with Pro Tools Studio 2021.2.1 on Windows 10 Pro. From what I can tell, I thought I'd disabled all MIDI connections to the Axe FX (see screen shot below) but I am still having this issue. If you're still active on here, can you elaborate on what you did to disable the Axe FX III USB MIDI tools in Pro Tools?
Ensured that the Axe-Fx III Midi In [Emulated] option is deselected in the MIDI Input Enable window:

1700186739217.png

Back
Top Bottom