Fixed Axe Edit III - Can't drag to second monitor on Mac?

Perhaps this is user error, but on my MacBook Pro with attached TB3 Ultrafine 5K monitor, I cannot drag Axe Edit to the second screen? No issues doing this with any other apps. What gives?

It seems to be limited to my second monitor being above the laptop. If I change the positioning to second display on side I can drag Axe Edit to the other monitor.

About this mac -> Displays -> Display preferences -> arrangement
How does your look like?
Mine are one beside the other with the left one having the Menu on the top.

1621444626079.png

second monitor is the one on the top?
If yes, you won't be able to drag a window from the bottom monitor to either left, right or bottom.

second monitor is the one on the bottom?
The only direction you can drag, is down, even more, the mouse has to enter the smaller screen about one fifth of the width of the top screen from the left.

I'm sure it's a user error and you'll figure it out

second monitor is the one on the top?
If yes, you won't be able to drag a window from the bottom monitor to either left, right or bottom.

second monitor is the one on the bottom?
The only direction you can drag, is down, even more, the mouse has to enter the smaller screen about one fifth of the width of the top screen from the left.

I'm sure it's a user error and you'll figure it out
Second monitor is on top and I'm trying to drag Axe Edit from bottom (laptop in built display) to the top monitor. My monitor is positioned above the laptop as my configuration in Preferences illustrates. IF I change the preferences to have my second monitor on either side of the laptop display, I CAN drag Axe Edit to the monitor to the side. But when configured in preferences as my monitors are physically deployed, with monitor above laptop, I cannot drag Axe Edit to the second monitor, but can drag any other application just fine. This seems to me to be a bug with Edit on Big Sur.

If I move the menu bar in display preferences from the laptop display to the external monitor, all my main desktop icons also are then on the external monitor (undesired). Axe Edit then also launches on the external monitor and I can drag it down to the laptop display, but not back up. So I'll wait until I hear from Fractal Support on this. I can live with it on the laptop display for now.

This feels to me like Axe Edit isn't compliant with some Apple API to drag things over the menu bar, but that's just a semi-educated IT guy guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vio
Back
Top Bottom