VERSION 1.12.12
DECEMBER 12, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 21.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the CANCEL button in the "Import Preset+Cab Bundle" dialog to clear the previous bundle's data from the model.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.

Last edited:
Axe-Edit III 1.12.11 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.12.12
DECEMBER 12, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 21.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the CANCEL button in the "Import Preset+Cab Bundle" dialog to clear the previous bundle's data from the model.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.
Might want to change the version to 1.12.12 first line in your verbiage. FYI. Thanks for the hard work. Lee

For some reason, AxeEdit on my macbook air slows to a crawl at around 30% of the download. When I download directly from the site, it's over in a few seconds.

I've seen some posts in various threads about this and thought it had already been fixed. Maybe not?

I'm running Axe Fx III FW21.01 with this version of Axe-Edit.

I imported a preset from my FM9 and all 4 modifiers inside had Scale at 0% instead of 100% for both SRC1 and SRC2.

I assume this is a translation bug?

Is the link in the OP for the actual Axe Edit software, or just the firmware update? I downloaded it to my iPad Pro 3 but it won't open. Im running OS 16.2

Please advise

[Possibly a bug?]
Add a compressor (E.g. Pedal Compressor 2) and try to enter a number for 'Attack Time' by just typing in the value above the knob. When you press Enter, the value changes to something else. Entering 2.000 (or just 2) changes to 20.001, 10 changes to 99.996ms, etc.
To get 2ms, one needs to enter 0.2. Looks like the field expects the values in 'seconds', but displays them in ms. This is confusing...

'Release Time' is also bugged and even more confusing. Enering '1' translates to 100.00ms, '5' and '10' also translates to the same value - 100.00ms.
'1000' translattes to 10000ms and '50' to 499.99ms. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
[Possibly a bug?]
Add a compressor (E.g. Pedal Compressor 2) and try to enter a number for 'Attack Time' by just typing in the value above the knob. When you press Enter, the value changes to something else. Entering 2.000 (or just 2) changes to 20.001, 10 changes to 99.996ms, etc.
To get 2ms, one needs to enter 0.2. Looks like the field expects the values in 'seconds', but displays them in ms. This is confusing...

'Release Time' is also bugged and even more confusing. Enering '1' translates to 100.00ms, '5' and '10' also translates to the same value - 100.00ms.
'1000' translattes to 10000ms and '50' to 499.99ms. Makes no sense.
I'm pretty sure this was reported already in another thread. Essentially you're getting a value 10x of what you enter.

Edit:

Also, make sure to run Refresh After Firmware Update in the editor.

Thanks. Thought to report it just in case, so it can get fixed for the next release :)
I tried the JFET and FF Studio and did not see this problem. Didn't remember which type you experienced it on so didn't check the pedal types.

Do you see this on all Compressor types?

Did you try the Refresh After Firmware Update?

I tried the JFET and FF Studio and did not see this problem. Didn't remember which type you experienced it on so didn't check the pedal types.

Do you see this on all Compressor types?

Did you try the Refresh After Firmware Update?
Dynamicomp: Attack Time, Release Time
Pedal Compressor 1: Attack Time, Release Time
Pedal Compressor 2: Attack Time, Release Time

Nope, not on all. Only those types and only the listed prameters.
Yes, I did refresh after updating the firmware. I always do. I just refreshed again and the issue remains.
Can you check Attack Time, Release Time on those three types?

Yes, I did refresh after updating the firmware. I always do. I just refreshed again and the issue remains.
Probably won't happen until tomorrow but I will try it next time I'm in front of my Axe Fx.

Someone else might confirm before then.

The pedal types were updated in 19.07 per the release notes here:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_release_notes_-_Axe-Fx_III

Maybe this is a carryover from that?

I don't see that mentioned in the Axe-Edit release notes here:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Editor_Release_Notes_-_Axe-Edit_III

@Michael Pickens might be able to help.

FM3-Edit has the same Problem! I reported it in the penultimate version.

Back
Top Bottom