NOVEMBER 18, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 21.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 21.00
o Added AMP block layout for Herbie MK3.
o Corrected the AMP layouts for the Dizzy V4 models.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.

One question

I have changed to newest version-Have a normal Axe III-FW 20.4 -and a new computer.Now loading the Axe Edit takes hours

Reading cabinett names User 1 slot 307 ....-I will let it run as maybe only first time- but thats normal?

Thanks a lot

Roland

Attachments

• Load from Axe.jpg
    Load from Axe.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 7
One question

I have changed to newest version-Have a normal Axe III-FW 20.4 -and a new computer.Now loading the Axe Edit takes hours

Reading cabinett names User 1 slot 307 ....-I will let it run as maybe only first time- but thats normal?

Thanks a lot

Roland
Not normal.

Try stopping it and start again.

Try another USB cable and port.

Uninstall and reinstall Axe-Edit.

Just one observation from me - after three hard lock-up freezes of my iMac, while trying to update the AxeFx3 to the new firmware, I got smart. I downgraded Axe-Edit by one version, upgraded the AxeFx3 seamlessly, and THEN upgraded Axe-Edit to this version. I'd updated Axe-Edit to this new version first, before updating the AxeFx3. Uh uh - nah!

So my advice is to use your existing version of Axe-Edit to update the AxeFx3 firmware FIRST, and THEN update Axe-Edit, not forgetting to rescan after firmware upgrade.

Thanks a lot and Doc Rocs version did it. Just now you cannot save a preset ( nothing destroyed yet )-on save bar moves right but never to the end although presetnumber gets green

I have 6 m USB cable and normally firmwareupdate I have to do with a shorter one and an laptop as it doesnt work.Maybe my line is too long

Thanks

Roland

I have an issue with this version that didn't happen before. After upgrading, some presets cannot be saved onto. In preset manager presets turn red when moved around. Saving used to turn them green. Now some will not turn green. If I close I get an error that says things wont be saved and they arent. I tried re-installing this axe-edit and the latest firmware. Not sure if this is an Axe-edit bug or my axe fx is toast. Anyone else see this?

Back
Top Bottom