Axe-Edit III 1.12.08 (supports fw 20.05 public beta 1 and 21.00 public beta 1)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.12.08 provides support for Axe-Fx III firmware 20.05 public beta 1.

NOTE: Axe-Edit III 1.12.08 also supports firmware 21.00 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p12p08.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p12p08.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p12p08.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.12.08
SEPTEMBER 23, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 20.04

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 20.05 beta 1
o Updated DRIVE block with "Griddle Cake" layout.
o Added AMP layouts for "Brit Studio 20" and "Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped".

* Corrected the Block Library import to strip a block file's firmware BETA tag. This allows the translation algorithm to correctly identify which translation table to use for the given block's device and firmware.

* Modified Block Library Save dialog with extra help text.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.

Last edited:
Also the "Normal Gain" pot is missing on the "Ideal" Page with the jumped modells. And the "Treble Gain" Labeled Pot in the "Tone" Section is only called "Gain" in the Ideal Section.

Little things for next time?

The Hot Kitty amp GUI has a Presence knob in Ideal page, but a HiCut knob in Authentic. (Recalling that this has been noted before, so forgive me if a repeat). Hi Cut is correct/how ti works now.

The awesome CTRL+SHIFT+ Right Click Batch utility (to reset of a specific value in a parameter across presets) does not work on the Return block Output Level.

I'm experiencing weird behavior. When I hover my mouse over anything it starts to scroll. Preset picker scrolls right. Hover over a knob like gain etc, it scrolls down. Did I miss a new setting? I obviously tried closing it and restarting.

Little things for next time?

The Hot Kitty amp GUI has a Presence knob in Ideal page, but a HiCut knob in Authentic. (Recalling that this has been noted before, so forgive me if a repeat). Hi Cut is correct/how ti works now.

The awesome CTRL+SHIFT+ Right Click Batch utility (to reset of a specific value in a parameter across presets) does not work on the Return block Output Level.
The SHIFT + Right-Click batch menu (the CTRL or COMMAND key is not necessary to show the menu) has been corrected for effects that have only one channel. This will be in the next release.

I'm experiencing weird behavior. When I hover my mouse over anything it starts to scroll. Preset picker scrolls right. Hover over a knob like gain etc, it scrolls down. Did I miss a new setting? I obviously tried closing it and restarting.
I'm on Windows 10. I've tried reinstalling edit, refresh after new fw, rebooting PC and axe III. Even tried a different mouse. It still does it. Am I the only one seeing this?

I'm on Windows 10. I've tried reinstalling edit, refresh after new fw, rebooting PC and axe III. Even tried a different mouse. It still does it. Am I the only one seeing this?
I Don‘t have such Problems, works stable as ever! Can it be that some keyboard key of your pc is hanging? Try another Keyboard or Mouse?

I found that it was happening with most windows (including Windows settings) not just Axe Edit. What a complete pain. Uninstalling are reinstalling mouse drivers did not fix it. Moving the bluetooth dongle to a different USB port fixed it. Sorry to imply it was an edit problem but when you're in the soup...

I never had any problems with my FX3 USB connections always was stable until recently when I get disconnected from USB multiple times and is very annoying . I changed few cables ( is not the cable) , installed and reinstalled latest USB driver... Sometimes is working fine for hours other times just doesn't work... I'm using windows 8.1 I will do more tests maybe I can find the problem . If anyone has an idea what I should check let me know...

Back
Top Bottom