Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 20.03

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 20.03
o Updated the DRIVE block.

* Removed "USB Buffer Size" from the SETUP / DIGITAL I/O page.
o NOTE: This parameter is not present when the Axe-Fx III is running the combination of main DSP firmware 20.02 or later with internal USB Firmware 1.14 or later. If your Setup shows the "USB Buffer Size" parameter, check your USB firmware version under SETUP: Utilities: Version and if the USB version is not 1.14 or newer, please download and install the latest USB Firmware update from https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

* Updated the PresetTranslator to translate the Axe-Fx III CAB block "Mic Distance" to/from FM3 and FM9.

* Updated the PresetTranslator to translate the REVERB block "PreDelay" between devices.

* Updated the PresetTranslator to set the CAB block "IR Length" to default when translating between the Axe-Fx III and the FM3/FM9. The Axe-Fx III has different "IR Length" options than the FM3/FM9, while the FM3 and FM9 have the same options.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.

* Updated the PresetTranslator to translate the Axe-Fx III CAB block "Mic Distance" to/from FM3 and FM9.

"Mic Distance" - is that the "Distance 1/2/3/4" parm on the Align tab?

I don't really think of that as mic distance but an IR delay as it doesn't change the sound of the IR as moving the mic would do, but just adds a delay. (I think, perhaps I'm wrong).

Thanks Michael, I’m noticing that the save button lights up straight away when loading any preset with this latest version. Is this correct?

Thanks Michael, I’m noticing that the save button lights up straight away when loading any preset with this latest version. Is this correct?
This almost certainly indicates that the preset is being updated by the global setting Update Pre-20.02 Speaker Imp...
You can just SAVE once and this will stop happening.

I just did this on all of the factory presets and will post the updated banks.

Thank you for the commitment to excellence Mr. Michael! You and the team never cease to amaze!! Wish we could Klone y'all!!!

I just installed fw 20.03 and Axe-Edit III 1.12.05 on Windows 10.

Whenever I open an already existing preset (from editor or hardware) the indicator that the preset have been edited is on.
1658819550322.png

As far as I remember we did not have this in the previous releases. Bug or feature?

Feature.

It's because of the new Global parameter in 20.02 and later:

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” is set to YES.

I know about this global parameter. I understood it that all presets are updated automatically. But this is not the case, No, you have to save each preset individually. Is there a smart way to speed up this time consuming process?

Back
Top Bottom