JUNE 3, 2022

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 20.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 20.00
o Corrections to FC-Edit to support Dynamic Distortion block.
o Added "Speaker Breakup" to the AMP block's Speaker page.
o Added Pre-Delay Tempo, Feedback, and Mix to the REVERB block.

* Updated the PresetTranslator to correctly convert the Pitch Input Source found on the Controllers / Pitch page between devices.

* Updated the PresetTranslator to correctly convert the Compressor "Knee Type" between devices.

* Added a logger to the PresetTranslator. For each preset translated, the log will show the device the preset came from, the preset name, and if any changes were made to the translated preset. Changes include effects removed for being either incompatible or for their parameters exceeding the created preset size.

* Added a "View Log" submenu to the Help menu to display the Block Library and Preset Translator logs.

PLEASE NOTE: Starting with firmware 20.00, Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III. Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.11.01 or less) will not work with firmware 20.00 or greater. Axe-Edit III 1.12.00 (or greater) will work with previous firmware version 3.02 and greater.

Last edited:
Added a logger to the PresetTranslator. For each preset translated, the log will show the device the preset came from, the preset name, and if any changes were made to the translated preset. Changes include effects removed for being either incompatible or for their parameters exceeding the created preset size.
Excellent!

<Added a logger to the PresetTranslator. For each preset translated, the log will show the device the preset came from, the preset name, and if any changes were made to the translated preset. Changes include effects removed for being either incompatible or for their parameters exceeding the created preset size.>

Excellent idea!!!

@Michael Pickens I found a bug… or an action that is incomplete in v1.12.02.

In the FC Per-Prst editor, copying an Effect bypass doesn't remember the effect block's name when pasting.

For instance, I defined PP#1 to bypass Comp1 and copied it…
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 11.36.59 AM.png
But pasting it into another PP results in Amp 1… consistently…
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 11.37.20 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible bugs. Doesn't look like you can set tempo to "none" on a delay block through AxeEdit. Also - the ordering of tempo times is different between delay blocks and other blocks.

To reproduce:
Pulled up the Plexi 50W factory preset.
Went the delay block and wanted to set it's tempo to "none".
Clicked the tempo to show the tempo picker.
Result: No option was available for "none" - although I could set it to none on-device.

For comparison purposes, I tried to do the same on the Reverb block's pre-delay tempo (new to 20.0).
Although the factory preset already had a value of "none" for pre-delay tempo, clicking it revealed a picker that DID display "None" as an option.

Other tempo pickers:
Chorus block - GOOD - shows "none"
Flange block - GOOD - shows "none"
Plex block - BUG - time tab - does NOT show "none"
Rotary block - GOOD - shows "none"
Multitap block - BUG - does NOT show "none"
Ten-Tap block - GOOD - shows "none"

Screenshots attached showing the picker for both delay and reverb blocks.
Notice also the ordering of values between those two screens. They are really different.

Environment: MacBook Pro, M1 Max, Monterey 12.0.1

I appreciate all the hard work.

edit: Added info about ordering of existing time values

Attachments

• AxeEditIII_possibleBug_DelayBlock.png
    AxeEditIII_possibleBug_DelayBlock.png
    519.2 KB · Views: 14
  • AxeEditIII_possibleBug_ReverbBlock.png
    AxeEditIII_possibleBug_ReverbBlock.png
    504.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Possible bugs. Doesn't look like you can set tempo to "none" on a delay block through AxeEdit. Also - the ordering of tempo times is different between delay blocks and other blocks.

To reproduce:
Pulled up the Plexi 50W factory preset.
Went the delay block and wanted to set it's tempo to "none".
Clicked the tempo to show the tempo picker.
Result: No option was available for "none" - although I could set it to none on-device.

For comparison purposes, I tried to do the same on the Reverb block's pre-delay tempo (new to 20.0).
Although the factory preset already had a value of "none" for pre-delay tempo, clicking it revealed a picker that DID display "None" as an option.

Other tempo pickers:
Chorus block - GOOD - shows "none"
Flange block - GOOD - shows "none"
Plex block - BUG - time tab - does NOT show "none"
Rotary block - GOOD - shows "none"
Multitap block - BUG - does NOT show "none"
Ten-Tap block - GOOD - shows "none"

Screenshots attached showing the picker for both delay and reverb blocks.
Notice also the ordering of values between those two screens. They are really different.

Environment: MacBook Pro, M1 Max, Monterey 12.0.1

I appreciate all the hard work.

edit: Added info about ordering of existing time values
Did you Refresh After Firmware Update?

1. Delay 'None' is option #79 in Axe-Edit 1.12.02 at my end.
  2. Plex block 'None' is option #78 in Axe-Edit 1.12.02 here.
  3. Multitap 'None' shows up as option #79 here.
Same here, me too, or as the French say, "Moi Aussi."

"None" is still there for delay in latest editor - it's just shown at the end as #79 instead of the beginning.

In other editors like FM3 and FM9 it's still at the beginning as "None" in 01. We should make it standard placement across units methinks?

Well I’m a doofus…which shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone…my own screenshots show ”none” as #79 for delay blocks. I completely missed it all off by itself on the right.

That said, I’ve expected to see it as option 1 - like many of the other blocks I noted.

I would still like to see all ”tempo” values display in the same order.

Back
Top Bottom