Axe-Edit III 1.10.02

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.10.02 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Supports firmware 17.01 beta:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ersion-17-01-public-beta.177468/#post-2160397

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.10.02
OCTOBER 7, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 17.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 17.01 public beta 4
o Support for showing the 10 FullRes(tm) IRs in the Legacy bank. These IRs are accessible in the IR Player block and slots 3 and 4 of the Cab block.
o Updated REVERB and MEGATAP layouts.

* Corrected the importing of .wav files into the Scratchpad for Axe-Fx III firmware 17 and greater. All .wav files imported into the Scratchpad will automatically be converted to FullRes(tm).

* Color coding of IRs in the Cab block has been changed as follows: green is for standard resolution IRs, and purple is for enhanced IRs which includes UltraRes(tm) and FullRes(tm).

* The Cab Picker now displays an icon that reveals the format of each IR. (S) for standard resolution, (U) for UltraRes(tm), and (F) for FullRes(tm).

* The Time graph in the IR Capture view changes the labels based on the capture Mode.

* Corrected the Align graph page in the CAB block.

* Fixed an issue in which converting a very large FM9 preset to an Axe-Fx III preset could crash the editor.

* Updated the internal Fractal-Bot to version 3.0.11.

Awesome, thank you Michael.

By the way, still waiting for the feature that allows me importing stereo IRs selecting one side only instead of both sides, so I could finally bulk importing all my stereo IRs left side only. :tearsofjoy: 👍 👍

Axe-Edit III 1.10.02 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Supports firmware 17.01 beta:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ersion-17-01-public-beta.177468/#post-2160397

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.10.02
OCTOBER 7, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 17.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 17.01 public beta 4
o Support for showing the 10 FullRes(tm) IRs in the Legacy bank. These IRs are accessible in the IR Player block and slots 3 and 4 of the Cab block.
o Updated REVERB and MEGATAP layouts.

* Corrected the importing of .wav files into the Scratchpad for Axe-Fx III firmware 17 and greater. All .wav files imported into the Scratchpad will automatically be converted to FullRes(tm).

* Color coding of IRs in the Cab block has been changed as follows: green is for standard resolution IRs, and purple is for enhanced IRs which includes UltraRes(tm) and FullRes(tm).

* The Cab Picker now displays an icon that reveals the format of each IR. (S) for standard resolution, (U) for UltraRes(tm), and (F) for FullRes(tm).

* The Time graph in the IR Capture view changes the labels based on the capture Mode.

* Corrected the Align graph page in the CAB block.

* Fixed an issue in which converting a very large FM9 preset to an Axe-Fx III preset could crash the editor.

* Updated the internal Fractal-Bot to version 3.0.11.
Love the CAB picker UI update.

Awesome, thank you Michael.

By the way, still waiting for the feature that allows me importing stereo IRs selecting one side only instead of both sides, so I could finally bulk importing all my stereo IRs left side only. :tearsofjoy: 👍 👍
Use the Manage Cabs Browser pane to import stereo wav files. Dropping a stereo wav file into the Browser will add two entries (one for left, one for right) that can then be individually dragged to an IR location.

Use the Manage Cabs Browser pane to import stereo wav files. Dropping a stereo wav file into the Browser will add two entries (one for left, one for right) that can then be individually dragged to an IR location.
Is this a recent implementation or just another thing I managed to miss?

"Support for showing the 10 FullRes(tm) IRs in the Legacy bank."

Does this mean even Axe-FX III Mk 1 owners will get a fresh of the Legacy Bank w/10 FullRes IRs at some point? Thanks

Possible bug. When scrolling through presets using the font panel, with no Axe Edit open, I have sound. When selecting presets via the editor I am getting two "static pops" then no sound. Might be worth noting, if I create a new preset with just an In and Out using Axe Edit I get a DI sound. Soon as I add any block, I get the same two quick "static pops" then no sound. To get any sound back I have to restart the Axe Fx.

@Michael Pickens , thanks for chiming in. I certainly know that, however, I have hundred and hundreds of stereo IRs that I need to bulk importing into Axe III (eg those from the OwnHammer Evolution series recently), and I only want/need one side of the IRs, eg take left side and throw away or ignore the right side.

If I do what you suggested, I would have to manually mouse click hundreds of times to select only the left one, miss clicking once would mess up the entire selection and need to do it over again…. It’s just not practical.

In Helix HX Edit, it has a preference setting for importing stereo IRs, eg, I can select importing either only left side, or only right or both sides. in Axe III Edit, there is no such option and it alway import both sides!

People with stereo IRs like myself would love to have a such option. Hope that finally makes sense. Thank You🙏🙏

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom