Axe-Edit III 1.10.02

UPD: the solution is "Refresh After New Firmware". A thousand thanks to Dave, Joe and Rex! ;)

BUG - Reverb selection faulty: if you try to select Medium Plate you'll get Small Plate
Ambience - Studio
Aquarius - Colliseum
and so on...
Axe Edit 1.10.02
FW 17.1 beta 5

Last edited:
BUG - Reverb selection faulty: if you try to select Medium Plate you'll get Small Plate
Ambience - Studio
Aquarius - Colliseum
and so on...
Axe Edit 1.10.02
FW 17.1 beta 5

Front panel or Axe-Edit?
Did you do Refresh After New Firmware?
(Or whatever that's actually called, not at my gear.)

1. Axe Edit 1.10.02
2. How is it supposed to help?
Hi, i installed this version yesterday and love it! the only thing that doesn't work is when i want to change the reverb type it doesn't load the correct one, it seems to go random. Any ideas to correct that !?

This happens on all presets, if the problem has been listed I apologize in advance, thank you!
Is this in Axe Edit or on the front panel? Axe Edit is not updated for this beta & there are new reverbs so that might account for the mismatch.
The problem is on AX edit, I will look to make the changes directly on the unit, thanks for the help!
"Refresh After Firmware Update".

Axe-Edit III 1.10.02 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Supports firmware 17.01 beta:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ersion-17-01-public-beta.177468/#post-2160397

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.10.02
OCTOBER 7, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 17.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 17.01 public beta 4
o Support for showing the 10 FullRes(tm) IRs in the Legacy bank. These IRs are accessible in the IR Player block and slots 3 and 4 of the Cab block.
o Updated REVERB and MEGATAP layouts.

* Corrected the importing of .wav files into the Scratchpad for Axe-Fx III firmware 17 and greater. All .wav files imported into the Scratchpad will automatically be converted to FullRes(tm).

* Color coding of IRs in the Cab block has been changed as follows: green is for standard resolution IRs, and purple is for enhanced IRs which includes UltraRes(tm) and FullRes(tm).

* The Cab Picker now displays an icon that reveals the format of each IR. (S) for standard resolution, (U) for UltraRes(tm), and (F) for FullRes(tm).

* The Time graph in the IR Capture view changes the labels based on the capture Mode.

* Corrected the Align graph page in the CAB block.

* Fixed an issue in which converting a very large FM9 preset to an Axe-Fx III preset could crash the editor.

* Updated the internal Fractal-Bot to version 3.0.11.

Ambience - Studio
Aquarius - Colliseum
and so on...
Axe Edit 1.10.02
FW 17.1 beta 5

I'm a bit confused and hoping someone can help me out. The release notes say 'Support for firmware 17.01 public beta 4' and another user in this thread mentions being on 'FW 17.1 beta 5'. As far as I can see, we are only on fw 17.01 Public Beta #2. Were there newer versions that were pulled from the forum due to issues, or...? What am I missing here?

I'm a bit confused and hoping someone can help me out. The release notes say 'Support for firmware 17.01 public beta 4' and another user in this thread mentions being on 'FW 17.1 beta 5'. As far as I can see, we are only on fw 17.01 Public Beta #2. Were there newer versions that were pulled from the forum due to issues, or...? What am I missing here?
There are two types of beta, private and public. The private beta goes to a small group of people, and after they've pounded on it for a while it'll open up to the public beta to get more eyes on it. It's a little confusing when the numbering changes between those two.

If you watch the top of the sub-forum for whichever device you're interested in, you'll see the new announcement show up. I don't think there's a failsafe way to watch for only public betas… but you might be able to cobble up something that pleases you using advanced search parameters. I just check the particular sub-forum when I know we're in a cycle.

If you check the filenames, you’ll see that Public Beta 1 is s actually Beta 4, and Public Beta 2 is actually Beta 5.

After importing presets from 17.00, all the global linked blocks are gone, e.g. resets to default. Anyone see this issue?

@Rex and @Greg Ferguson - Thanks for the clarification. Makes total sense, but still baffled as to why the release notes at the top of this thread would specifically mention 'public beta 4' if beta 4 was a designator for a private beta. Seems confusing, even if they are essentially the same thing. Oh well... thanks again for helping me out with this! :)

@Rex and @Greg Ferguson - Thanks for the clarification. Makes total sense, but still baffled as to why the release notes at the top of this thread would specifically mention 'public beta 4' if beta 4 was a designator for a private beta. Seems confusing, even if they are essentially the same thing. Oh well... thanks again for helping me out with this! :)
Typo.

Is there a way to color code multiple irs at the same time in axe manage?
I know i did that before, but right now i can't figure out how i've done that.

I'm on 17.01b5 and axe edit III 1.10.02

Hi dreamscape,

from the Axe-Edit_3.7.2_FXll_Release-Notes (same thing in axe edit III 1.10.02):

2. Augmented the “Filter by Color” feature in the AMP and CAB picker with a new button, labeled ‘M’, for enabling multiple-selection. This button is found to the right of the pushpin control.

• To assign a color to an item in the AMP or CAB picker, right-click the item to show the “Assign Color” menu. Selecting a color from this menu will mark the item's number field with the chosen color. Select “None” from the “Assign Color” menu to clear the assigned color.

• To assign a color to more than one item at a time, select the ‘M’ button to enable multiple-selection. Use the keyboard keys SHIFT or CMD to select groupings of items and then right-click the selection to show the “Assign Color” menu. By default, the list always opens in single-selection mode.

Last edited:
Hi dreamscape,

from the Axe-Edit_3.7.2_FXll_Release-Notes (same thing in axe edit III 1.10.02):

2. Augmented the “Filter by Color” feature in the AMP and CAB picker with a new button, labeled ‘M’, for enabling multiple-selection. This button is found to the right of the pushpin control.

• To assign a color to an item in the AMP or CAB picker, right-click the item to show the “Assign Color” menu. Selecting a color from this menu will mark the item's number field with the chosen color. Select “None” from the “Assign Color” menu to clear the assigned color.

• To assign a color to more than one item at a time, select the ‘M’ button to enable multiple-selection. Use the keyboard keys SHIFT or CMD to select groupings of items and then right-click the selection to show the “Assign Color” menu. By default, the list always opens in single-selection mode.
Hey @nikk©,
thank you for opening my eyes! The M-button was the missing link 👍🤘

Back
Top Bottom