JUNE 15, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 16.03

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 16.03
o Complete redesign of AMP block layout. This includes the addition of new pages and a headroom gain meter on the Ideal page.
o Added Compander to COMPRESSOR and DELAY layouts.
o Added "Zero All" to GEQ layout.

* Corrected a bug in the Perform View which showed "ghosted" labels from a previous preset where a control does not exist in the current preset.

* Corrected a bug in which the Perform View closed when displaying the Controllers or Setup parameters.

* Corrected GAIN meter for COMPRESSOR Studio types.

* Fixed a bug regarding importing FM3 presets with Phaser blocks into the Axe-Fx.

* Added editor name to the "Preset Leveling" window.

* Added "Copy to End" to the Scene Mgr's dropdown menu. This will copy the current scene to all of the scenes that follow. For example, selecting "Copy to End" from Scene 3 will copy Scene 3 to Scenes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

* Added "Copy >>" and "Copy <<" buttons to the Perform view which copy all the Per-Preset controls to the Global controls and vice-versa.

* Added "Clear Per-Preset" and "Clear Global" buttons to the Perform view which clear all the controls from the Per-Preset or Global section.

* Added a "Global Settings" section to the Preferences which displays the OS-specific directory where the settings files are stored.

* Modifications to allow the window to be dragged to any direction for external monitor use.

* Added "Show Folder" menu item to the Perform View's Per-Preset Performance Controls menu.

* Added "Copy to End" to the Copy submenu of the Scenes dropdown menu. This will copy the current scene to all of the scenes that follow. For example, selecting "Copy to End" from Scene 3 will copy Scene 3 to Scenes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

* Modified Manage Cabs and Manage Presets to retain the currently assigned color when renaming items.

* Renamed "Block Library" to "Library".

* Added "Refresh Library" command to the Library dropdown menu, top-level Block menu, grid context menu, and Perform View dropdown menu.

* Extended the Library to include a Channel Library.

o The Library dialog displays the preset name as the default block name.

o The "Library: Save" and "Library: Save As" dialog provide the option of saving as an "entire block" or as the "current channel".

o "Save entire block" will save a library entry as an entire block of all of its channels and modifiers. This is the "old" or "legacy" method. The icon of a quartered square with 4 colored sections denotes an entry saved as an entire block (all channels). Loading a block entry will overwrite all channels in the selected block.

o "Save only current channel" will save a library entry containing only the currently selected channel. No modifiers will be saved. The icon of a quartered square with 1 central overlapping colored section denotes an entry saved as a single channel. Loading a channel entry will overwrite only the currently selected channel. Loading a channel entry into an empty grid space will insert a new block and load the entry into CHANNEL A.

Very happy to see the channel save feature added! This will be really helpful for my workflow. A great step toward full blown library management of presets, ir's, and of course blocks and channels. It would be awesome to be able to choose either load or link from a saved channel and retain the name of the channel in the preset! I'm assuming like loading blocks from the library that information clears once an editing session is done. I'd always wanted saved block names to somehow stick once I apply them to a preset. I'll stop my wishlist babble and get to playing with the new features. Thanks so much for cranking out yet another awesome update!

Will ask, as I didn’t see in release notes and can’t test today. Did you correct the inability to drag Edit to external monitor on Mac? If the second monitor is above the laptop, I couldn’t drag Edit over the menu bar to second monitor.

Will ask, as I didn’t see in release notes and can’t test today. Did you correct the inability to drag Edit to external monitor on Mac? If the second monitor is above the laptop, I couldn’t drag Edit over the menu bar to second monitor.
Never mind, I missed it in the notes. Will test tomorrow. Thanks!

I think I stumbled upon something cool. Bypass Mode has been added to the Authentic page. Why is this cool? Because the Reset Amp Blocks function does not affect anything on the Authentic page. In the previous version, Reset Amp Blocks reset the Bypass to the default value of "Thru". Very nice when there are multiple amp blocks in a preset and "Mute" is preferred. Thank you, Michael!

Thank you so much for the speed of the updates and features . One question and or request. I see { Added "Zero All" to GEQ layout } . It appears to be only in the Amp block... would love to see this for the Global EQ's also . The front panel already has the option to " reset all "

Back
Top Bottom