Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 16.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 16.01.
o Updated REVERB EQ layout.

* Updated DELAY EQ layout to match REVERB EQ layout.

* Updated TONEMATCH Config graph.

* Corrected the AMP block's Speaker Compression meter found on the "Speaker Drive" page.

* Modified the COMPRESSOR layouts for the various compressor types for greater consistency in control placement.

* Corrected the placement of the LO FI header in the DRIVE block's "Advanced" page.

* Modified the MULTITAP DELAY "Master" pages to remove the duplicate "Low Cut" and "High Cut" parameters which are featured on the "EQ" pages.

* Modified the Setup and Controllers buttons to toggle their view.

* Added a Save button to the Preset Leveling Panel.

* The frequency graphs in the various blocks now show a frequency cursor when the mouse is moved within the graph.

I have had issues where the installer quits with the last two releases. In case anyone else has similar issues, I had to install by using 'Run as Administrator' under Win10 x64 to get the application to successfully install despite the user account being an admin account.

@Michael Pickens -
On the Reverb EQ graph, I'm getting inconsistent changes to the EQ graph when adjusting the High Cut Slope. The graph sometimes doesn't adjust immediately like the Low Cut Slope does - try adjusting it successive times. But after adjusting the Low Cut Slope and then making changes to the High Cut Slope, it will update once before going back to not changing.

The Delay EQ graph seems to be working as expected in this area.

Mine locks up now. Says its connect but all the values are frozen with no values on any block. I'm opening a ticket with support.

Seems to be a long-standing bug. Hitting refresh after new firmware again makes them go back to purple. It's been doing it off and on since I got the Axe Fx 3.

Strange . Dont know if it s a bug or if it has a meaning
It's both.

The color indicates Ultra or Standard Res IRs but all factory IRs are (I think) Ultra.

The "bug" part is that the colors will periodically become incorrect in Axe-Edit.

This issue has been around a looking time. Dates back to Axe Fx II.

I believe if you go into Manage Cabs there's an option to refresh?

I will retry a refresh tomorrow. But I have already done it and the bug still there. Thank you
If someone in fractal got an idea about that ….

Back
Top Bottom