Axe-Edit III 1.08.13

Awesome sauce! Thanks Michael. I'm glad to see the Reset Amp Blocks option and the way you implemented it.

Awesome sauce! Thanks Michael. I'm glad to see the Reset Amp Blocks option and the way you implemented it.
Does this reset amp blocks to factory default to the preset they are in or just a neutral generic high noon position? Why is this needed and is it necessary with the new firmware. I know you're not a Fractal employee but you seem to appreciate it.

In the process of running Reset Amp Blocks on all of my stored presets and Axe-Edit decided to do a "new firmware" reset 3x's during the process. Is this a possible bug when you run "Reset Amp Blocks" on a large number of presets? I had already installed this current Axe-Edit version and it had already done a "new firmware" reset before I ran "Reset All Amp Blocks".

It stopped at preset 496 and I had to go back and select 496-511 to complete the job. It also looked like it was randomly jumping over presets at one point. This is my first time using it but it looks like it might have a few bugs ... anyone else notice anything unusual ... could be just be a one-off on just my pc today ( Windows 10 ).

Still a great idea and much appreciated ...

Last edited:
I would be very nervous doing too many at one time after my recent problems in the cab manager. I think a few at a time would be best practice. And check them after the process before proceeding to your next batch.

Thank you, Michael!

I am going to start a new life. Backup all presets, delete all presets at the machine, and create new ones or rescue old ones as needed

This is really great news.

Could we have a list of the parameters that the reset leaves alone

B/M/T/presence/depth?
Input drive/overdrive?
Master volume?
Input trim (not always?)?
Speaker drive/compression/compliance?
Speaker impedance curve?

Whatever shows in Axe-Edit on the Authentic page for that particular amp model will remain the same. Everything else will be reset. Since this varies per amp, you have to be very careful.

As a general rule of thumb, everything not on the authentic or ideal page will be reset. That includes all speaker, EQ, and dynamics pages.

Cool - I should just have read the release notes more carefully. I rarely stray from the authentic page, so that is fine for me.

Another thing - How does this work with global blocks. All my live presets use the same two global amp blocks.

I seem to remember @yek writing that global blocks are not updated until you open a preset and save it?

If I just reset the amp blocks on each channel and re-dial it once for each of my two amp blocks. Will these changes be distributed to my saved presets with these global blocs, such that I do not have to use the batch reset in AxeEdit?

Cool - I should just have read the release notes more carefully. I rarely stray from the authentic page, so that is fine for me.

Another thing - How does this work with global blocks. All my live presets use the same two global amp blocks.

I seem to remember @yek writing that global blocks are not updated until you open a preset and save it?

If I just reset the amp blocks on each channel and re-dial it once for each of my two amp blocks. Will these changes be distributed to my saved presets with these global blocs, such that I do not have to use the batch reset in AxeEdit?

There's only an issue with global blocks if you see that changes in one preset's global block do not transfer to the same global block in other presets.

That can happen with presets which haven't been saved for a while (saving updates the preset template) AND there has been a revision of the preset template (not visible to end users).

If you don't encounter that issue, there's no need to worry / take action.

Axe-Edit III 1.08.13 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

* Added a "Reset AMP blocks" menu item to the Manage Presets context menu. This will reset each channel of the AMP block in the selected presets while maintaining the Authentic page's parameter values.

This is a great new and easy reset procedure. I've added it to the wiki.

Be aware that executing this command also resets the Speaker Impedance Curve to its default for the given amp model. EDIT: and the graphic EQ.

Last edited:
So when you're done resetting the amp blocks, do u click save or just close the manage presets menu?

If you click save it says there is nothing to save (presets are green, not red. That means that they are already saved). Just close it

I posted this in the FW 16.00 thread, figured it would be more relevant here:
---------------------------------------------------
Word of caution on the new Amp reset tool:

It leaves all your settings in the Authentic/Ideal page but if you (for example) use a MESA Mark series amp and its graphic EQ, IT WILL reset the sliders back to zero. Same about the impedance curve. To me, those two values along with maybe the Input EQ should be left untouched too IMO.

I posted this in the FW 16.00 thread, figured it would be more relevant here:
---------------------------------------------------
Word of caution on the new Amp reset tool:

It leaves all your settings in the Authentic/Ideal page but if you (for example) use a MESA Mark series amp and its graphic EQ, IT WILL reset the sliders back to zero. Same about the impedance curve. To me, those two values along with maybe the Input EQ should be left untouched too IMO.
I also wish it would not automatically save the changes so you could easily revert back. Resetting the amp is hit & miss for me. Sometimes it's better, other times, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom