MARCH 29, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 15.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 16.00 public beta 11 or greater
o Updated AMP block "Speaker Drive" layout.
o Updated AMP block "Dynamics" layout.

* Corrected the updating of the "Custom Scales" found in the SETUP / "Scales" page.

* Corrected the updating of the Global Mix control as found on the Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, etc.

* Added a "Jump To" dropdown to Manage-Cabs which jumps to predetermined locations within the user cab list.

Axe-Edit III 1.08.12 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.08.12
MARCH 29, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 15.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 16.00 public beta 11 or greater
o Updated AMP block "Speaker Drive" layout.
o Updated AMP block "Dynamics" layout.

* Corrected the updating of the "Custom Scales" found in the SETUP / "Scales" page.

* Corrected the updating of the Global Mix control as found on the Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, etc.

* Added a "Jump To" dropdown to Manage-Cabs which jumps to predetermined locations within the user cab list.
Thank you Michael for getting these editor updates out so quickly after firmware updates!!! Really appreciate it!

Thanks for the rapid update! I noticed something on the Authentic page that I don't recall seeing before. Is the Presence Shift toggle new? If not, there may already have been info about this, but is it just lack of space on the Ideal page regarding why it isn't also available there? Cheers, Lee

Hi. Maybe I found some small issue in Axe Edit:
For next Amps is missing "Gain" knob in "Ideal" tab. In "Authentic" it's there.
  • USA JPII C+ Red,
  • USA JPII C+ Red Shred,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow Shred.

There's a weirdness in 1.08.12 where, after making a change to the bank size, I couldn't enter anything into the fields to change the Lower and Upper Limits until I quit and restarted Axe-Edit. I could select the field, and Edit would drop into the edit mode then immediately return to the default state. I had the problem several times.

I was trying to set up the OMG12 layout on my AF3 running Cygnus beta 11 to use the full range of 1024 presets with Bank Size = 6 for the Bank -1 and Bank +1 hold settings for buttons 4 and 6. Lower Limit should be 0 and Upper Limit should be 170.

This occurred after doing "Refresh after new FW" several times, running on Mac OS 11.2.3.

Last edited:
Hi. Maybe I found some small issue in Axe Edit:
For next Amps is missing "Gain" knob in "Ideal" tab. In "Authentic" it's there.
  • USA JPII C+ Red,
  • USA JPII C+ Red Shred,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow Shred.
The editor's Ideal page is similar to the hardware. Change the "Tone Control Display" from Authentic to Ideal on the front panel and you will see that the Gain is also missing.

There's a weirdness in 1.08.12 where, after making a change to the bank size, I couldn't enter anything into the fields to change the Lower and Upper Limits until I quit and restarted Axe-Edit. I could select the field, and Edit would drop into the edit mode then immediately return to the default state. I had the problem several times.

I was trying to set up the OMG12 layout on my AF3 running Cygnus beta 11 to use the full range of 1024 presets with Bank Size = 6 for the Bank -1 and Bank +1 hold settings for buttons 4 and 6. Lower Limit should be 0 and Upper Limit should be 170.

This occurred after doing "Refresh after new FW" several times, running on Mac OS 11.2.3.
I'll take a look.

I get this tiny box when I try to open preset level tool. It won't let me resize or do anything but close it. Tried to reinstall edit but still does it.Capture22.JPG

I get this tiny box when I try to open preset level tool. It won't let me resize or do anything but close it. Tried to reinstall edit but still does it.View attachment 80843
With Axe-Edit shutdown, first find the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file located in the following location:
  • Windows: C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III
  • OSX: <user>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III/

Second, try one of these options:
1) Easy option: Delete the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file. This file will be recreated when the editor is restarted.

2) Advanced option: Open the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file in Notepad. Find the line with the "LEVELING_WINDOW_STATE" VALUE. Delete only this line and save the file. Restart Axe-Edit.

For example, my file has this line:
<VALUE name="LEVELING_WINDOW_STATE" val="947 204 582 528"/>
I would delete this entire line from the file.

With Axe-Edit shutdown, first find the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file located in the following location:
  • Windows: C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III
  • OSX: <user>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III/

Second, try one of these options:
1) Easy option: Delete the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file. This file will be recreated when the editor is restarted.

2) Advanced option: Open the "Axe-Edit III.settings" file in Notepad. Find the line with the "LEVELING_WINDOW_STATE" VALUE. Delete only this line and save the file. Restart Axe-Edit.

For example, my file has this line:
<VALUE name="LEVELING_WINDOW_STATE" val="947 204 582 528"/>
I would delete this entire line from the file.
Yay!!!!! That worked. Thanks Michael!

Back
Top Bottom