AUGUST 14, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 13.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 13.00
o Added HEADROOM meter to the AMP layout's "Authentic" page.
o Updated SETUP layout's "Config" page with "EQ Type".
o Added "Out 3 EQ" and "Out 4 EQ" pages to the SETUP layout.
o Updated DRIVE block layouts.

* The preset names are now stored in the Effect Definitions in the same manner as the cab names.

* Removed the "Exclusive" option from the FC Controller's "Control Switch" option. The Control Switch Exclusive setup is found in the "FC Config" dialog.

* Removed incorrect control "Bypass Mode" from the MULTIPLEXER layout.

* Corrected the SETUP "Audio" page such that the Output 3 and Output 4 configuration label reads "Copy Input 1".

* Modified the PEQ layout to hide the Q control when the Type is set to "Blocking".

* Improved the speed at which graphs update while parameters are adjusted.

* The "<EMPTY>" items in the preset and cab Picker are now greyed out to allow the valid items to clearly stand out.

I'm feeling dense right now but what exactly does this mean?

* The preset names are now stored in the Effect Definitions in the same manner as the cab names.

Anybody else having trouble with the new version of Axe Edit? There are no drop down menus to change amp type or effect types. I can't access any of the drop down menus in any of the blocks. I uninstalled and reinstalled the current version of Axe Edit. My Axe Fx III is also on the current firmware. I can access all of the different effect types from the Axe Fx lll unit but not from the axe edit.

If you look at the picture I attached of the amp block, you can see that next to the perform tab it says "Amp 1: (A) Deluxe Verb Vibrato" is selected but under amp type it is empty.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.40.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.40.16 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.44.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.44.37 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Anybody else having trouble with the new version of Axe Edit? There are no drop down menus to change amp type or effect types. I can't access any of the drop down menus in any of the blocks. I uninstalled and reinstalled the current version of Axe Edit. My Axe Fx III is also on the current firmware. I can access all of the different effect types from the Axe Fx lll unit but not from the axe edit.

If you look at the picture I attached of the amp block, you can see that next to the perform tab it says "Amp 1: (A) Deluxe Verb Vibrato" is selected but under amp type it is empty.
Go to the menu: Settings / Refresh after new FW.

For those of you that have been around here for a long time like me - do you remember the really early Axe Edits we had for the II that were just buggy and a little dangerous to your presets ?

isn’t it stunning how far Axe Edit has come since then ?

Such a GREAT job @Michael Pickens ! Thank you !

Possible bug? The output level in the global EQ section now has a range of +/- 12.04 dB. The graphic sliders still have a range +/- 12.

Thanks!

Screen%20Shot%202020-08-15%20at%2012.03.21%20AM.png

And, again, thanks!

The grayed out <EMPTY> preset names are a huge help. :)

I always make it a common practice when I update Axe Edit I close it out after the update and reopen it that way it refreshes it's self. Like any other computer software.

Back
Top Bottom