Axe-Edit III 1.06.09

For some reason after updating my axe fx started making a high pitch screech. I restarted and now it takes about 10 minutes to load and won't make any sound or let me access any menus. As well the connection times out when I try to connect to axe edit so I cannot even access my backup. Help!

For some reason after updating my axe fx started making a high pitch screech. I restarted and now it takes about 10 minutes to load and won't make any sound or let me access any menus. As well the connection times out when I try to connect to axe edit so I cannot even access my backup. Help!
I had a similar experience when updating to Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.01 . I had to delete the preset it was trying to load. Here's the Recovery procedure I followed from the AXE-FX III Manual page 87:

PROBLEMS WITH A SINGLE PRESET
If your Axe-Fx III will not boot normally, the problem may just be the current preset. You can force the unit to load an empty initialized preset as follows:

4. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
5. Power on holding HOME until the boot-up progress bar first appears.

The Axe-Fx III will boot with an empty initialized preset in location “000”. You can STORE this to any other location to overwrite a problematic preset.

Axe-Edit III 1.06.09 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.09
AUGUST 14, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 13.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 13.00
o Added HEADROOM meter to the AMP layout's "Authentic" page.
o Updated SETUP layout's "Config" page with "EQ Type".
o Added "Out 3 EQ" and "Out 4 EQ" pages to the SETUP layout.
o Updated DRIVE block layouts.

* The preset names are now stored in the Effect Definitions in the same manner as the cab names.

* Removed the "Exclusive" option from the FC Controller's "Control Switch" option. The Control Switch Exclusive setup is found in the "FC Config" dialog.

* Removed incorrect control "Bypass Mode" from the MULTIPLEXER layout.

* Corrected the SETUP "Audio" page such that the Output 3 and Output 4 configuration label reads "Copy Input 1".

* Modified the PEQ layout to hide the Q control when the Type is set to "Blocking".

* Improved the speed at which graphs update while parameters are adjusted.

* The "<EMPTY>" items in the preset and cab Picker are now greyed out to allow the valid items to clearly stand out.
Many Thanks...!!!

This started happening on firmware 12.14 and 1.06.07 Axe Edit. Well I went for a few days after updating to firmware 13.01 and Axe Edit 106.09 without it happening, but it happened again tonight. I switched from another preset to preset #1 using Axe Edit 106.09 and preset #1 is "empty". I don't know if this is an Axe Edit bug or an Axe FXIII firmware bug, but it definitely isn't right.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 11.46.06 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom