Axe-Edit III 1.06.01

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.06.01 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 12.10, Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.05.13 or less) will not work with firmware 12.10 or greater.
Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) works with firmware 12.09.

It is recommended that you install Axe-Edit III 1.06.01 before installing firmware 12.10.
If you have already installed firmware 12.10, please power down the Axe-Fx III and update the editor manually from the Settings / "Check for Updates..." menu or by downloading the installer from the website.

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.01
JULY 1, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.11

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected a bug in the Setup / Global Scales page. Exiting and re-entering the page now displays the selected CUSTOM SCALE # and its associated SHIFT intervals.

@Michael Pickens

Thanks for the quick fix on the Scales issue!

Possible bug?:
I ran into something interesting tonight on my MacMini 10.14.5, while using AxeEdit 1.06.01 and AxeFX3 firmware 12.11, and don't know for sure if it was like this in earlier AxeEdit versions or not. I have four cabs in a preset, and three are approx. 140mm out of alignment with the first one. I aligned all four on the first positive peak and saved the preset. I opened another preset, then went back to the first. The alignment was not as I saved it. So I again aligned all four, and I captured the screen. I decided to turn off the Solo button on the first two cabs (which is in itself a bit perplexing, as I'd think on the cabs with "Solo" engaged (if any) would sound, and show their waveforms) and everything seemed to stay the same. Then I arbitrarily decided to turn on the Solo button on cab 3 and cab 4, and their waveforms shifted to the right a fair distance. If I turn the Solo buttons off, after the waveforms shifted, they do not shift back.

1. When multiple cabs are used, and one or more have their Solo button engaged, should we see the waveform traces for the one(s) where their Solo button is disengaged?
2. Is there any reason to expect/want the waveform(s) to shift relative to others, if their respective Solo button is engaged?

Cheers,

Lee

Edit: Added the preset where the issues occurred.

Attachments

• AxeEdit 1.06.01 cab not aligned after save.png
    AxeEdit 1.06.01 cab not aligned after save.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 12
  • AxeEdit 1.06.01 cabs realigned manually and saved.png
    AxeEdit 1.06.01 cabs realigned manually and saved.png
    195 KB · Views: 11
  • AxeEdit 1.06.01 cabs 3 and 4 shifted out of alignment when their Solo clicked.png
    AxeEdit 1.06.01 cabs 3 and 4 shifted out of alignment when their Solo clicked.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CAE+ Lukether LL 2nd test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Auto update for axe edit 1.06.1 keeps crashing when trying to install. After I accept to update the bar states 100% but that's it. Will see if I can find on another page here and try to install.

Update. downloaded it from the download page no problem. Had also tired previously manual install with Axe off and Edit open but no joy. Using firmware 12.11.

Back
Top Bottom