Axe-Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Michael,
FYI, AVG thinks the file (both the installation, and resulting program exe) is dodgy - I had to force AVG to let me run it. I let them know that 'I trust this file'. Runs beautifully.
Thanks (Again!)
Pauly

Use the links below to download a Axe-Edit III version 1.04.02 rc 1 for use with firmware 12.00 public beta 2 or greater.

OSX: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p04p02-rc1.dmg
Win32: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p04p02-rc1.exe
Win64: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p04p02-rc1.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.04.02 RC 1
JANUARY 24, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 11.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 12.00 public beta 2
o Added layout for "FAS Express" to AMP block.
o Added "Trigger Threshold" parameter to the TREMOLO block.
o Added "Low Cut" and "High Cut" parameters to the CONTROLLERS block "Envelope/Manual"page.
o Added "Low Cut Slope" and "High Cut Slope" parameters to the DELAY block "EQ" page.
o Redesigned the FLANGER layout.
o Redesigned the PHASER layout.
o Added "Quantize" parameter to the PHASER block.
o Added "Quantize" parameter to the FILTER block "LFO" page.
o Added image for "astable" LFO Type dropdown.
o Updated message used for getting the block parameters so as not to cause audio dropout.
o Updated DRIVE for "OD 250" type and 3-state "Graphic EQ" parameter.
o Updated TREMOLO for "Optical Trem" type.
o Updated REVERB for "Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated PLEX DELAY for "Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated DELAY for "Repeat Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated PEQ to toggle the Gain and Slope parameters for Band 1 and Band 5.

Okay, I've isolated the issue and can reproduce the it on my system at least.

It's my FC6. When I unhook the FC6 (don't even need to reboot Axe or Edit, just unplug the FasLink cable), my AxeEdit behaves as normal, with response times that i'm used to. Plug the FC6 back in - it's molasses. Can anybody else confirm?
I retract what I said earlier about reinstalling the driver. It did make cruising around edit much faster, but doesn't explain a mac that doesn't require the driver.
I just confirmed the FC6 as the culprit here. When I clicked on presets, it went to "reading presets" at maybe 1 per second (ie very slow). While it was doing that I unplugged the FC6 and it zipped through the rest of the presets almost instantly. Something in the edit software doesn't like having the FC plugged in. It was SUPER smooth with 11.02 beta.

Okay, I've isolated the issue and can reproduce the it on my system at least.

It's my FC6. When I unhook the FC6 (don't even need to reboot Axe or Edit, just unplug the FasLink cable), my AxeEdit behaves as normal, with response times that i'm used to. Plug the FC6 back in - it's molasses. Can anybody else confirm?

Yes, definitely molasses for me as well. The refresh for Edit took ages. Slow for any scene changes etc. Edit at the moment is a boat anchor for the III. Will wait for fix. Running Win 10.

Tried "Flawless Method" even though I had done that at the beginning, no joy. Went back to Middle man method and it works using FracPad v3.25. Then decided to roll back to fw 11.01 and AXE-EDIT v1.0.4 Preview and start waiting for the final fw versions to come out.

Thanks, but I'm of those that are experiencing severe slow down, to the point it feels unusable. Never any problems with past versions, it first raised it's head on last beta, but I rolled back to 11.X release and previous Edit software and things went back to normal and I hoped my problems would go away with next version, but they haven't.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.16. Several seconds between scene changes, patch changes, initializing blocks, etc. etc.

I do use a very long USB cable but don't have another to try. But again, all was fine before. Appreciate the efforts, thanks.

I am on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3. I had the exact same thing happen to me with the last beta, but I rolled back to 11.X release and previous Edit software and things went back to normal.

I have not tried the new 12 beta2 and newest Axe Edit yet. I noticed your post and decided to wait and see if others are having similar issues.

Firmware seems pretty stable and is an awesome upgrade. Edit seems to have problems for those that have a FC attached, if you aren't using a Fractal FC it appears all is good.

I am also experiencing extreme latency when running this version of Axe-Edit with FC12 attached. Scene changes take 20-30 seconds when initiated from Axe-Edit. Using the FC instantly changes the preset but Axe-Edit takes 10-15 seconds to update the screen, sometimes it just won't catch up at all. Axe-Edit appears to be frozen on the previous preset and if you click any block in the preset, the controls for that block are missing. Unplugging the FC causes the controls for that block to reappear and Axe-Edit will then eventually show the correct preset. Scene changes from the FC update instantly in Axe-Edit and seem to be ok, however. Also, almost every preset shows that it's been edited upon loading and needs to be saved. Just reporting and confirming the issues others are experiencing. This is pretty rough!

My schedule has been bit hectic the last few weeks so my time on the forum has been sporadic at best. I'm assuming I missed it somewhere, but what does the RC stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom