Axe-Edit III 1.03.10

I'm having a small issue that I hadn't noticed before. Presets 001 and 031 have an annoying static kind of clipping noise both high gain presets. If I disconnect USB from the Axe FX it goes away. I don't have the new impedance curve stuff enabled in 11 B1. only thing I have really tried is restoring one preset from backup into an empty slot still had the noise with AxeEdite and USB connected. Rebooted the computer and switched USB ports as well as rebooting the AfX. 70% cpu on preset 001 and 62% on 031. These are presonal presets.
Did you try shutting down Axe Edit but leave USB connected?

What is your CPU load? I know on the Axe Fx II that the CPU load would go up a little when USB was connected. Not sure if that's the case on the III.

Be advised, auto-update did not alert me to the existence of a new AE version. I had to manually "check for update".

MAC Catalina.

That happens because the firmware is a beta version; only advised for the adventurous that wants to take the risk. Auto-update is for official releases only.
The Axe Edit version is not beta... He was talking about Axe Edit not Axe Fx ;)

The Axe Edit version is not beta... He was talking about Axe Edit not Axe Fx ;)
Axe-Edit doesn’t point out beta firmware. It’ll only announce a new firmware version if it’s an actual released version.

Axe-Edit doesn’t point out beta firmware. It’ll only announce a new firmware version if it’s an actual released version.
I completely understand that.

However, the previous poster said that Axe Edit did not tell him that a new version of Axe Edit was available... Which is why I made my comment. His post was not about firmware ;)

Reactions: Rex
I completely understand that.

However, the previous poster said that Axe Edit did not tell him that a new version of Axe Edit was available... Which is why I made my comment. His post was not about firmware ;)
Heh... never mind. :)

Really digging the dragon drop buttons! This feature would be handy on the PPO pages as well. PPOs are the best! I pretty much run my whole setup on PPOs. :)

Its really nice to be able to flip thru the curves with the new editor. Makes it so much easier and dare I say more distinguishable.

I like to adjust various parameters by nudging values using the up/down keys on my Macbook Pro. The Speaker Impedance window is the first I've found that does not accept this method. Axe-Edit III will load things out of sequence and sometimes seem to get stuck in a loop of four or five curves instead of scrolling the full range of options. If I move to the Axe-Fx III and adjust the parameter manually, the editor is off by 1 from what the hardware screen shows.

I like to adjust various parameters by nudging values using the up/down keys on my Macbook Pro. The Speaker Impedance window is the first I've found that does not accept this method. Axe-Edit III will load things out of sequence and sometimes seem to get stuck in a loop of four or five curves instead of scrolling the full range of options. If I move to the Axe-Fx III and adjust the parameter manually, the editor is off by 1 from what the hardware screen shows.
I have managed to get it to do the arrow keys. If you click on the text label so it sets focus on the SIC selector, it will then do the arrows. :)

Yes it will. But... (the screen grab and photo were taken at the same time on the same preset).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 9.50.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 9.50.41 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 2019-11-19 09.49.50.jpg
    2019-11-19 09.49.50.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
Getting ready to switch all of my presets to work with the two FC6es instead of an FC6 and an FC12 with the buttons all crammed to the left end.

The drag-n-drop buttons are going to be a huge boon for getting this done easily and quickly with few errors....

Thanks @Michael Pickens!

Getting ready to switch all of my presets to work with the two FC6es instead of an FC6 and an FC12 with the buttons all crammed to the left end.

The drag-n-drop buttons are going to be a huge boon for getting this done easily and quickly with few errors....

Thanks @Michael Pickens!
Got them all done in about 15 minutes of easy mouse + left-hand-key-combo action.

Super!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom