Axe-Edit III 1.03.07

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.03.07 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

(A 32-bit Installer can be found at website link.)

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.03.07
OCTOBER 17, 2019

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 9.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Modified the allowable text in the ON / OFF VALUE edit boxes of the "FC Controllers" "CS MIDI" dialog to include the '-' character which effectively sets the value to NONE.

* When the Picker window is filtered by color, removing the designated color from an item now refreshes the view.

* The BLOCK LIBRARY dropdown's status is now modified to "Edited" (grayed out) after using the "Copy Channel __ to ___" menu command.

* Added Color Filtering to the DRIVE and REVERB picker.

* Fixed a bug in Axe-Manage Cabs in which the name of a renamed cabinet was not being sent to the hardware.

I am having a lot of problems with this update.
I am on mac 10.14.6, 10.2 Beta firmware - no Catalina update yet.
In manage presets, the scroller is just floating around, very hard to work with.
I have also experienced problems with moving presets, saving them, and the editor just went to manage cabinets.
A lot of weird things are happening????

I am having a lot of problems with this update.
I am on mac 10.14.6, 10.2 Beta firmware - no Catalina update yet.
In manage presets, the scroller is just floating around, very hard to work with.
I have also experienced problems with moving presets, saving them, and the editor just went to manage cabinets.
A lot of weird things are happening????
Me too. Same OS (10.14.6), 10.00 firmware. The "Reading preset names..." barber-pole bar at the bottom seems to go into an endless loop in some circumstances when trying to do a "save as" on a preset while holding an amp block in the copy buffer. The app blinked, then the "Reading preset names..." just hung there. Exiting the program and reopening it seemed to clear it until the next time. One time, I played an entire song (Nowhere Man, FWIW) waiting to see if it would ever open the preset picker overlay, but no joy.

hmmmmm...Mac Catalina OSX 10.15 doesn't seem to play well w/ Axe-Edit. I downloaded latest version and when launching, I get this popup:

"Axe-Edit III.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. The software need to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

hmmmmm...Mac Catalina OSX 10.15 doesn't seem to play well w/ Axe-Edit. I downloaded latest version and when launching, I get this popup:

"Axe-Edit III.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. The software need to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Try control clicking the app and choosing open

Michael,
Just a little niggle, but when moving from page to page while in the Cabs section (Axe-Change app in AE), the data in the detailed info field at the bottom of the screen doesn't update to follow the highlighted entry on the new page. When in the Presets section (Axe-Change app), each page change also updates this detailed info field, so it matches the highlighted entry on the new page. The Cabs section can be a little confusing if one isn't paying attention. Cheers, Lee

Back
Top Bottom