VERSION 1.03.05
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 8.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Added "Swap" entry to the Scenes menu to support firmware 8.00.
o When swapping scenes from the editor the assigned Scene Controllers in the CONTROLLERS block will also be swapped.

* Corrected the launching of the internal Fractal-Bot panel. It now uses the editor's currently connected port names instead of the default port names.

* Corrected an issue in Axe-Manage where items dragged from the Browser to any of the device's memory locations towards the bottom of the window caused the Browser to incorrectly scroll.

* Increased the efficiency in which Axe-Manage items are written to the device upon hitting the SAVE button.

* Corrected a bug in the Block Library Save dialog in which a block was saved with an empty name.

Really appreciate two of those fixes the scroll always got me and the empty name, have a bunch of blocks with empty names have to delete them every time! Thank you so much for correcting! Looking forward to trying this tonight.

Just did a little run thru and there is no Dropout while the editor is running when I switch now. I normally don't play with the editor open but was trying it out and noticed this. Very cool.

Thank you! Looking forward to swapping some scenes!

UPDATE: I just reloaded AxeEdit 1.3.5, and it's all good. Looks like we have a 9.00b issue. Will copy this all into a bug report for that.

That said, I am having a little difficulty copying an amp channel from one preset to another with the new Axe-Edit.
When I paste it, the amp model flickers and goes back to what was there before, and all the knobs go to 5.00 and level jumps to -12dB.

Copying this (Friedman Small Box) Scene 1 Amp1:
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-27%20at%207.39.54%20PM.png

Into this preset:
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-27%20at%207.39.28%20PM.png

Getting this result when pasting {Clipboard Amp 1-A] into current channel:
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-27%20at%207.39.42%20PM.png

OS/Computer info:
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-27%20at%207.46.30%20PM.png

1987X+JumpDimed.syx
1987X+JumpDimed - after pasting in Friedman SmallBox.syx
Friedman SmallBox v5.syx
190927-195711-system+gb+fc.syx

I was able to copy the whole block into an empty preset. Will try copying just the one channel into an amp block in an empty preset. I set up an amp block with just a 5F1 in all 4 channels. Pasted in the channel from the Friedman SmallBox preset, and it blipped and didn't change. :( Tried deleting the amp block and pasting in the whole amp block from the Friedman preset, and ended up with the Friedman, but all knobs at 5 and level at -12dB. Tried saving the amp block to the library and bringing it in that way to the 1987X+JumpDimed preset and it changed to the block name in the BLOCK LIBRARY box, but none of the settings changed and the TYPE remained "1987X Jump". I can change it to other amp blocks in my library, just not this one. :(

Reverted to 1.03.04 and it's doing the same thing, so maybe a corrupted preset, or 9.00b, something?

Reverted to 8.00 from 9.00b, and noticed the preset from which I was trying to copy the amp channel and amp block, #321, came up as "blank" on the AxeFX and on the big screen of the FC-12, but its title still showed up in the small screen over the appropriate button in my Presets layout. Restored all presets, cabs, and the global/system stuff, and it was still MIA. I had to restore that one preset from the Austinbuddy pack to get it to show up. Weird. Additionally, the preset I was trying to copy the amp channel (and later, the whole block) into, #168, is showing up in the presets picker page, but shows up as <EMPTY> in the editor itself as well as the AxeFX3. Not a big thing, as it's a copy of #167. Copied a new copy of 167 into 168, and it's all good.
Screen%20Shot%202019-09-27%20at%2010.46.55%20PM.png

So, after reverting and cleaning up, I can copy that amp channel from #321 into #168 with no issue. Will reinstall the AxeEdit update and see if there is any change. If not, then it looks like the 9.00b firmware is to blame.

Well, just reloaded AxeEdit 1.3.5, and it's all good. Looks like we have a 9.00b issue. Will copy this all into a bug report for that.

Last edited:
Axe-Edit III 1.03.05 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.03.05
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 8.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

Good stuff - Thankyou!
Pauly

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Added "Swap" entry to the Scenes menu to support firmware 8.00.
o When swapping scenes from the editor the assigned Scene Controllers in the CONTROLLERS block will also be swapped.

* Corrected the launching of the internal Fractal-Bot panel. It now uses the editor's currently connected port names instead of the default port names.

* Corrected an issue in Axe-Manage where items dragged from the Browser to any of the device's memory locations towards the bottom of the window caused the Browser to incorrectly scroll.

* Increased the efficiency in which Axe-Manage items are written to the device upon hitting the SAVE button.

* Corrected a bug in the Block Library Save dialog in which a block was saved with an empty name.

Back
Top Bottom