Axe-Edit III 1.01.10

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.01.10 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

MacOS users please note: If updating from 1.01.06 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 1.01.07 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.01.10
JULY 3, 2019

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 6.03

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

• Added "Sort by date" to the Axe-Manage Browser menu.
  • Corrected a communication slow-down introduced with the Perform view.

Just downloaded new axe edit Will not communicate with my axe 3
During download it gets stuck on and says error installing c:\programfiles (x86)\fractalaudio\axe-edit III\axe-edit-iii-release-notes.pdf an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file deletefile failed code 5 access is denied
I hit the try again button will not go past this. I hit skip (not recommended) and it completes installation. But then when I load the axe edit 3 the bar at the bottom says communicating and after 5 minutes it says
communication time out axe edit 3 was unable to complete the following communication request Query device version: query_sys_info

Last edited:
Just downloaded new axe edit Will not communicate with my axe 3
During download it gets stuck on and says error installing c:\programfiles (x86)\fractalaudio\axe-edit III\axe-edit-iii-release-notes.pdf an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file deletefile failed code 5 access is denied
I hit the try again button will not go past this. I hit skip (not recommended) and it completes installation. But then when I load the axe edit 3 the bar at the bottom says communicating and after 5 minutes it says
communication time out axe edit 3 was unable to complete the following communication request Query device version: query_sys_info
I don't think the release notes file affects your actual install or communication...

But I have noticed that Acrobat on Win 10 has a bad habit of staying running even though you closed the document you were reading.

You can start Task Manager, go to the Details tab and click the Name column to sort by name. Then look for the Acrobat processes (might be called acroread) and kill them all.

Then try your install again.

Optionally, rebooting your computer should get rid of them.

OK so if anyone else has this problem this is the fix i found. I uninstalled the axe edit, the fractal bot and the axe driver from my computer restarted the computer and reinstalled the driver then fractal bot then axe edit and it now works.

Hi! Never had a issue with any updates before but axe edit 1.01.10 won't load,communicate with axe fx3. On windows 10, tried re installing everything usb drivers etc still won't work.

Hi! Never had a issue with any updates before but axe edit 1.01.10 won't load,communicate with axe fx3. On windows 10, tried re installing everything usb drivers etc still won't work.
Won’t load? Can you tell us specifically what that means?

No errors Rex, I download direct from fractal then run on pc rather than auto update via axe edit. It just doesn't open when double click on axe edit,never had a problem with it before. I will give it another go tomorrow, as getting late.

No errors Rex, I download direct from fractal then run on pc rather than auto update via axe edit. It just doesn't open when double click on axe edit,never had a problem with it before. I will give it another go tomorrow, as getting late.
It won't run, or it won't install? If it won't install, Windows has probably popped a dialog asking for your permission to continue.

Back
Top Bottom