https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 5.05

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Added support for firmware 5.05
o Added AMP layout for "USA JP IIC+ Yellow".

@Michael Pickens Possible bug:

Doesn’t seem to let me right click to set the modifier on the lfo1 and lfo2 "run/stop" parameter

Mac version

Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Ran into a couple of error messages installing Axe-Edit 1.01.05 tonight. Replacing 1.01.04 on a Windows 10 Home build 1803 laptop. All default file locations and options were accepted during the installation. The installation starts fine, but I'm seeing this message at about the halfway point of the progress bar (after the desktop icon was removed by the uninstall, but before it was replaced):

Axe-Edit%201.01.05%20error.jpg

As far as I could tell, I didn't have the Release Notes PDF file open, or any PDF file for that matter. The Axe-Fx III was running at the time, so I aborted the operation and tried again with the AFX turned off. Got the same message at the same point again, so I chose the Ignore option. The progress bar finished (including replacing the desktop icon), but then this message came up:

Axe-Edit%201.01.05%20error%202.jpg

I clicked OK to clear the message, and Axe-Edit seems to be running now. I'm seeing the new USA JP IIC+ Yellow and its associated controls. The Axe-Edit III Release Notes PDF file is showing a time stamp of 4/5/2019 2:47 PM, and is 291 KB in size. Curiously, I cannot open it or any other PDF file. I'll try rebooting and see if it restores whatever's broken in Adobe Reader. (I haven't ruled out the idea that the error messages above are an Adobe issue instead of a Fractal issue.)

Don't know if it's a known issue or a one-off anomaly, but I figured I'd report it.

Edit to update: A reboot fixed the Adobe Reader issue, but the Axe-Edit III Release Notes at C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III on my system is the 1.01.04 version.

Last edited:
Ran into a couple of error messages installing Axe-Edit 1.01.05 tonight. Replacing 1.01.04 on a Windows 10 Home build 1803 laptop. All default file locations and options were accepted during the installation. The installation starts fine, but I'm seeing this message at about the halfway point of the progress bar (after the desktop icon was removed by the uninstall, but before it was replaced):

Same here. After retry, and confirming Adobe reader not running, I clicked ignore and though it didn't lay down the new pdf of course, it completed the install okay.

Axe-Edit%201.01.05%20error.jpg

As far as I could tell, I didn't have the Release Notes PDF file open, or any PDF file for that matter. The Axe-Fx III was running at the time, so I aborted the operation and tried again with the AFX turned off. Got the same message at the same point again, so I chose the Ignore option. The progress bar finished (including replacing the desktop icon), but then this message came up:

Axe-Edit%201.01.05%20error%202.jpg

I clicked OK to clear the message, and Axe-Edit seems to be running now. I'm seeing the new USA JP IIC+ Yellow and its associated controls. The Axe-Edit III Release Notes PDF file is showing a time stamp of 4/5/2019 2:47 PM, and is 291 KB in size. Curiously, I cannot open it or any other PDF file. I'll try rebooting and see if it restores whatever's broken in Adobe Reader. (I haven't ruled out the idea that the error messages above are an Adobe issue instead of a Fractal issue.)

Don't know if it's a known issue or a one-off anomaly, but I figured I'd report it.

Edit to update: A reboot fixed the Adobe Reader issue, but the Axe-Edit III Release Notes at C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit III on my system is the 1.01.04 version.
Adobe has issues on Windows 10. Running Adobe processes can go rogue, become hidden, and prevent the opening of other PDFs.

To fix this, open Task Manager and kill every instance of Acrobat Reader. Then reinstall Axe-Edit. You'll get the right version or the release notes this time.

Last edited:
Adobe has issues on Windows 10. Running Adobe processes can go rogue, become hidden, and prevent the opening of other PDFs.

To fix this, open Task Manager and kill every instance or Acrobat Reader. Then reinstall Axe-Edit. You'll get the right version or the release notes this time.
I also recommend foxit pdf reader over adobe. .

Adobe has issues...

Fixed that for ya, Rex. :D I wrestle with Adobe products at work and at home almost as much as MS Office products, lol. (Been doing it since about Windows 3.1.) Thanks for the suggestion...I'll give it a spin tonight when I get home from work.

And thanks to Michael for the Axe-Edit update!

Fixed that for ya, Rex. :D I wrestle with Adobe products at work and at home almost as much as MS Office products, lol. (Been doing it since about Windows 3.1.) Thanks for the suggestion...I'll give it a spin tonight when I get home from work.

And thanks to Michael for the Axe-Edit update!
Great minds..... I Was gonna make that edit, too!

I'm having problems using Axe Manage.
Lots of quirky things going on.
For instance: Preset Names 'coping' to new location but not overwriting existing data plus other little things.

Unfortunately its intermittent....mostly.

I'm having problems using Axe Manage.
Lots of quirky things going on.
For instance: Preset Names 'coping' to new location but not overwriting existing data plus other little things.

Unfortunately its intermittent....mostly.
What other little things?

Back
Top Bottom