Axe-Edit III 1.01.01

Are you talking about the block library?

When you load a block from the library, it loads A BLOCK not a CHANNEL.

The block contains all channels.

I didn't know that ..I thought it would just load whatever channel I am on and not affect the other 3 channels...that may be the only problem...I will check it out.
Thanks!

I didn't know that ..I thought it would just load whatever channel I am on and not affect the other 3 channels...that may be the only problem...I will check it out.
Thanks!
wait. are you loading from the Block Library, or are you doing what I asked earlier where you said yes, you're doing that?

do you mean that you
change to a Channel in the Phaser block,
adjust settings,
save the preset,
then change channels,
the new channel has the old channel settings?
That's right...

i can't reproduce this. if i change channels on the Phaser block in Axe-Edit, then change settings, then change Channels back and forth, things are as i expect.

click the SETTINGS menu, then Refresh After New FW again to see if that solves it.

I think Unix-guy set me straight...I thought I was just saving whatever channel I was working on to the library....I did not realize I was saving all 4 channels at once.
I think I have it under control now.

Thanks for being there all the same!

I think Unix-guy set me straight...I thought I was just saving whatever channel I was working on to the library....I did not realize I was saving all 4 channels at once.
I think I have it under control now.

Thanks for being there all the same!
so just to clarify, the procedure i mentioned earlier which you agreed that you did, is not what you did? you were instead loading and saving from the Block Library, which wasn't mentioned until now?

i just need to make sure.

so just to clarify, the procedure i mentioned earlier which you agreed that you did, is not what you did? you were instead loading and saving from the Block Library, which wasn't mentioned until now?

i just need to make sure.

I was doing both...that is what confused me...I was loading what I thought was just a channel from the library then working on other channels not from the library but I probably used the library again for one of the other 3 channels and that is were I got lost.

So it is not possible to just load a Block channel to the preset, if you load a block you lose whatever was on the other 3 channels ...correct?

I will have to go through my library again then....fix things up...

I was doing both...that is what confused me..
ok. it confused me too since it wasn't mentioned.

when troubleshooting, it's best to describe everything we're doing. if we don't know the solution, we can't be the ones determining what information is or isn't important to figuring out the solution.

a Block has 4 channels. if you load a Block, it loads 4 channels because a Block has 4 channels.

a recent wish has been started for a "Channel Library." but until then, yes, loading a Block replaces all 4 channels.

I just wanted to say thanks for the new Axe Edit III, and especially for the new authentic controls and FC controls. It makes it so easy to set up the FC-12. I really appreciate your work.

Just curious if there is a way to make FC updates and save without also saving the preset? Or do the FC changes take place immediately?

I haven't done much more than some simple playing with the FC setup in Axe-Edit so far.

Just curious if there is a way to make FC updates and save without also saving the preset? Or do the FC changes take place immediately?

I haven't done much more than some simple playing with the FC setup in Axe-Edit so far.

I'm not sure. I figured I had to save the preset to save the changes to the FC-12 so that's what I did. I didn't get into very deep last night. Only made a couple changes.

Just make your changes. There's nothing to save except for custom names, and there's a Save button for that (unless you're making per-preset edits, in which case you save those changes by saving the preset).

Though you might consider backing up your configuration with Fractal-Bot. ;)

The FC editing, is really well put together in Axe-Edit (I mean, to be fair, the whole FC configuration in general, whether in Edit, or on front panel, is really well thought through... very discoverable and easy to get going for such a powerful feature set. I'm impressed). The Export/Import option in the layouts menu in Axe-Edit is a particularly nice touch though. Makes for an easier Towers of Hanoi game if you find cause to swap around layouts you've already created.

Just make your changes. There's nothing to save except for custom names, and there's a Save button for that (unless you're making per-preset edits, in which case you save those changes by saving the preset).

Though you might consider backing up your configuration with Fractal-Bot. ;)
Perfect. Thanks!

getting some load popping with the solo button on cab 3 also level adjustment doesn't work in solo mode

Back
Top Bottom