https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 3.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 3.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 3.00
o Added "EQ Off / On" control to the AMP block.
o Added layout for "Plex Verb" type to the PLEX DELAY block.
o Added Spread and Pre-Delay controls to the PLEX DELAY block.
o Added Spread control to the ROTARY block.
o Amended the Tempo page of the CONTROLLERS to include the "Input Source" of the PITCH FOLLOWER. The location of this parameter is temporary until "FC Controllers" is complete.

super fast! but for the future, would it be possible to release both at the same time? I think it would be a way nicer package when you update and already have the editor.

Is this a bug? I've got the USA IIC+ amp in a preset. I choose Edit->Copy for that amp block.
I move over to a new preset, and paste that block. Instead of USA IIC+, the amp type is Friedman HBE2018.
I've tried restarting AxeEdit, same issue.
I then tried to save the USA block into a Library, and then importing from the library into a new preset - same issue - shows up as Friedman HBE2018.

I haven't experimented with other amp models. Axe Edit version: 1.00.13

Is this a bug? I've got the USA IIC+ amp in a preset. I choose Edit->Copy for that amp block.
I move over to a new preset, and paste that block. Instead of USA IIC+, the amp type is Friedman HBE2018.
I've tried restarting AxeEdit, same issue.
I then tried to save the USA block into a Library, and then importing from the library into a new preset - same issue - shows up as Friedman HBE2018.
Make sure you know what channel you're on. When you paste a block, you land on Channel A. If you actually set Channel B to USA C+, that's not what will show up when you paste.

Having a channels letter update issue. Amp block changing between scenes where I have scene 1 A scene 2 B the the channel letter takes 10-12 seconds to update if at all. Seems to happen on all blocks really. AFX firmware 3.01. Also when you have the grid on channel view the letters never change from scene to scene as they should. Actually everything is seeming pretty laggy. I have refreshed after firmware update several times. Mac reboot, AFX reboot. I went from 3.0 beta straight to 3.01 would that be an issue?

Last edited:

Done several times. Seems to be just one preset. Tried to import it from a couple previous backups still same lag. High CPU usage on that one, under 82% tho. Will try and trouble shoot it tomorrow. Preset has tons of modifiers and crazy stuff going on. I noticed right away after loading 3.01 that it was sounding like it had more gain that I had it set up. Changed presets and came back to it and it was fine sound wise, still had the lag issue tho. Shugs.......

Last edited:
Done several times. Seems to be just one preset. Tried to import it from a couple previous backups still same lag. High CPU usage on that one, under 82% tho. Will try and trouble shoot it tomorrow. Preset has tons of modifiers and crazy stuff going on. I noticed right away after loading 3.01 that it was sounding like it had more gain that I had it set up. Changed presets and came back to it and it was fine sound wise, still had the lag issue tho. Shugs.......
I am also seeing some lags in block refreshes in AxeEdit in this most recent FW. Fairly confident that Mr. Pickens will sort it out.

Thank you, I confirm there are some lags if I change something via midi pedalboard. I am using a Voes MX18 with bidirectional midi connection.
When I change the scenes the editor needs some seconds to update the status.
No problem if I change the scenes via editor

Higher than 80% will cause lagging in AE. It’s not a bug.

Quick question. I am expecting my Axe FX3 to arrive in the next day or 2. I am thinking it will have the older firmware so what do I do first? Update the Firmware on the Axe FX manually (if this is possible) and then install the new Axe Edit? Or can I install Axe Edit first and update the firmware through that?

Also, should I uninstall the old Axe Edit I use for my Axe FX 2XL+ given that I won't be using that unit anymore? Perhaps this may avoid conflicts when the new Axe Edit is installed?

Thanks in advance.

Quick question. I am expecting my Axe FX3 to arrive in the next day or 2. I am thinking it will have the older firmware so what do I do first? Update the Firmware on the Axe FX manually (if this is possible) and then install the new Axe Edit? Or can I install Axe Edit first and update the firmware through that?
Use the latest Fractal-Bot to update the firmware and then update Axe-Edit III. You can't update firmware from Axe-Edit III -- you do it from Fractal-Bot.

Also, should I uninstall the old Axe Edit I use for my Axe FX 2XL+ given that I won't be using that unit anymore? Perhaps this may avoid conflicts when the new Axe Edit is installed?
The editor for the III is called Axe-Edit III, not Axe-Edit. This allows both editors to co-exist peacefully on one machine. You can even run them both at the same time with both a III and an older II unit connected and active at the same time. Additionally, you can run an AX8 and the AX8-Edit in parallel as well. Makes it easier to maintain multiple units, copy things from one to the other, etc.

Back
Top Bottom