VERSION 1.00.09
DECEMBER 18, 2018

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 2.04

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 2.04

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Added the ability for the editor to keep track of the last viewed page for each effect block.
* Added slider buttons to the left and bottom of the grid for moving entire columns or rows of blocks.
* Support for firmware 2.04
o Added "Comb Filters" to MULTITAP DELAY block.
o Added "Comb Filters" to FILTER block.
o Added layout for "Tube Compressor" type in COMPRESSOR block.

found a minor bug in the cab block.
If you turn smoothing up and then double click it to bring it back to zero, the sound does not change when it goes to zero. you have to physically turn it up an back down to get it to truly go to zero. Hope that makes sense.

I'm getting some discrepancies between the model selected in Axe-Edit and the model showing in the information menu/on the hardware. The information bar agrees with the hardware but neither of those agree with amp block type in Axe-edit. Most amps are ok but there's a few jumbled up and a few that don't show anything at all.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.23.33 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.23.17 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.28.04 pm.png

I'm getting some discrepancies between the model selected in Axe-Edit and the model showing in the information menu/on the hardware. The information bar agrees with the hardware but neither of those agree with amp block type in Axe-edit. Most amps are ok but there's a few jumbled up and a few that don't show anything at all.

View attachment 51331 View attachment 51332 View attachment 51334
Did you try the old "refresh after update" option?

Probably a self-caused rookie problem here. Trying to connect my Axe-FX III to my interface via S/PDIF, did some fiddling in Axe-Edit's Settings/preferences drop-down menu, and now Axe-Edit doesn't work.

The old reboot-the-computer strategy didn't work. Neither did uninstalling and reinstalling Axe-Edit III. Don't know if a factory reset of the Axe-FX III would affect Axe-Edit in any way.

Setup is Axe-FX III, firmware 2.04, and Axe-Edit III 1.00.09. The computer runs Windows 10.

The front panel of the Axe-FX III works normally. Its XLR outputs work normally. No interface or DAW issues. The problem is whatever I did to Axe-Edit III's Settings/preferences. But the program will not allow me to change it back.

Most drop-down menu options are grayed out, including the Settings/preferences option that I was fiddling with (can't remember which option, unfortunately). The option to check for updates is also grayed out, as is the entire Help drop-down menu.

Axe-Edit recognizes when the unit is or is not connected to my computer via USB. But the bottom loading bar permanently reads "Please wait... Communicating". Axe-Edit is also unable to access or edit presets.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?

Probably a self-caused rookie problem here. Trying to connect my Axe-FX III to my interface via S/PDIF, did some fiddling in Axe-Edit's Settings/preferences drop-down menu, and now Axe-Edit doesn't work.

The old reboot-the-computer strategy didn't work. Neither did uninstalling and reinstalling Axe-Edit III. Don't know if a factory reset of the Axe-FX III would affect Axe-Edit in any way.

Setup is Axe-FX III, firmware 2.04, and Axe-Edit III 1.00.09. The computer runs Windows 10.

The front panel of the Axe-FX III works normally. Its XLR outputs work normally. No interface or DAW issues. The problem is whatever I did to Axe-Edit III's Settings/preferences. But the program will not allow me to change it back.

Most drop-down menu options are grayed out, including the Settings/preferences option that I was fiddling with (can't remember which option, unfortunately). The option to check for updates is also grayed out, as is the entire Help drop-down menu.

Axe-Edit recognizes when the unit is or is not connected to my computer via USB. But the bottom loading bar permanently reads "Please wait... Communicating". Axe-Edit is also unable to access or edit presets.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?
Try the following:
  1. Unplug USB cable
  2. Turn off Axe-Fx III
  3. Wait a few seconds
  4. Turn on Axe-Fx III
  5. Restart computer wait for computer to fully restart
  6. Reconnect USB Cable between III and computer
  7. Launch Axe-Edit III
If it's still not working, might be worth trying a different USB cable and USB port on the computer (if at all possible).

Try the following:
  1. Unplug USB cable
  2. Turn off Axe-Fx III
  3. Wait a few seconds
  4. Turn on Axe-Fx III
  5. Restart computer wait for computer to fully restart
  6. Reconnect USB Cable between III and computer
  7. Launch Axe-Edit III
If it's still not working, might be worth trying a different USB cable and USB port on the computer (if at all possible).

Thanks, h.c.e.!

Sound advice, though in my case the problem turned out to be the port selection in Axe-Edit.

Strangely, I was only able to access this setting after updating the Axe-FX III firmware to 2.05 and Axe-Edit to 1.0.12. Not sure why that was the case, but it worked. FYI for Fractal's software engineers and anyone else who has had this problem.

Back
Top Bottom