VERSION 1.00.07
NOVEMBER 28, 2018

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 2.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 2.01

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Improvements to the communication engine to allow Axe-Edit and Cab-Lab to run simultaneously. (Requires Cab-Lab 3.4.1 or greater.)
* Corrected the recall of saved blocks when using the Block Library control.

@Michael Pickens
I just tried to run Cab-Lab and Axe Edit at the same time, and if Axe Edit is open , cab lab still crashes when trying to connect. Not a biggie because it works the other way but I just wanted to report it

@Michael Pickens
I just tried to run Cab-Lab and Axe Edit at the same time, and if Axe Edit is open , cab lab still crashes when trying to connect. Not a biggie because it works the other way but I just wanted to report it

Please re-read the release notes: "Improvements to the communication engine to allow Axe-Edit and Cab-Lab to run simultaneously. (Requires Cab-Lab 3.4.1 or greater.)"

Cab-Lab 3.4.1 will be released tomorrow after further testing.

I just updated my axe fx 3 with the latest software 2.02 (11/26/2018) and also updated axe edit with 1.00.07 and for some reason I cant get the two to connect.
I tried uninstalling axe edit and reinstalling it, but that didn't work. Fractal Bot works fine. Any suggestions or solution would be greatly appreciate, I'd like to use the axe tonight.

Thanks

I just updated my axe fx 3 with the latest software 2.02 (11/26/2018) and also updated axe edit with 1.00.07 and for some reason I cant get the two to connect.
I tried uninstalling axe edit and reinstalling it, but that didn't work. Fractal Bot works fine. Any suggestions or solution would be greatly appreciate, I'd like to use the axe tonight.

Thanks
I’d start by trying the following...

1. Disconnect USB cable between the III and computer
  2. Turn the III off
  3. Restart the computer
  4. While computer reboots, go ahead and turn III back on (basically wait 5-10 seconds between turning III off and back on)
  5. After computer has restarted, the III has fully started, and all boot progress bars have finished, wait maybe another 30-60 seconds or so to give all subsystems a chance to fully load up
  6. Now reconnect USB between III and computer (if you can, it’s always worth trying a different USB cable and USB port on the computer, just to rule those out as potential problems)
  7. Lastly, relaunch Axe-Edit III before launching any other programs (just to ensure no other software is conflicting with the MIDI over USB stream somehow)
Once ruling out all of that, if it’s still not working, double check your III does indeed have the 2.02 DSP Firmware and 1.06 USB Firmware (both can be checked on the last page of “Utilities” under the “Setup” screen — push Home button, push knob “E”, then scroll down to “Utilities”, press “Enter”, and then Page Button Right to the end). If you’re on Windows ensure you have version 4.47 of the USB driver installed as well.

If all of the above checks out and it’s still not working, curious if Fractal-Bot and/or the computer recognizess the III for USB audio still…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom