VERSION 1.00.05
NOVEMBER 21, 2018

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 2.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 1.16

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the Amp1 and Amp2 name field to update upon preset import, preset new from template, and preset audition via Axe-Change.
* Corrected the updating of the selected grid block upon preset import, preset new from template, and preset audition via Axe-Change.
* Corrected the updating of the selected grid block upon importing a block.
* Added "Bypass All Blocks" to the Scenes dropdown menu.
* Support for firmware 2.00
o Added "Speaker Compliance" to the AMP block's "Speaker Drive" page.
o Added a layout for the PITCH block's "Virtual Capo" type.
o Added "Temperament" to the PITCH block.

found a bug. The bank control in the cab picker window doesn't work. You can open the drop down but when you select another bank of cabs it doesn't go to it. you have to select the bank from the main cab block screen first then launch the picker.

Last edited:
found a bug. The bank control in the cab picker window doesn't work. You can open the drop down but when you select another bank of cabs it doesn't go to it. you have to select the bank from the main cab block screen first then launch the picker.
Happening on mine also.

same here, otherwise snappy!

I'm sure that's an easy fix. Meanwhile, the obvious workaround meanwhile is to stay in the ALL BANKS view. I also noticed that MODE (Live/Offline) is missing from the Tone Match block.

I'm sure that's an easy fix. Meanwhile, the obvious workaround meanwhile is to stay in the ALL BANKS view. I also noticed that MODE (Live/Offline) is missing from the Tone Match block.
You can still select bank from the main cab block view then launch the picker window.

I'll need to check later and make sure I can reproduce it, and I think this was previously reported in an earlier version... But when inputting intervals into the pitch block I was noticing the number was not what I typed. It kept adding 1 to the number.

I don't remember the specific type I was using...

Anyone experiencing issues with the Block Library in Axe-Edit III 1.00.05?

When I pick a saved block from the list, it seems like it instead just loads the settings of whatever the first block in the list is, regardless of which I'm actually picking (curiously it also doesn't load the "name" of that first block, just it's settings). I first noticed this with a "Drive" block library entry, but seems to be exhibiting the same behavior with others I've tried now as well (Compressor, Phaser, Flanger, Pitch, Multi-Delay). Drag and drop of block still seems to load them properly (name and all), so I'm only experiencing the issue with picking from the "Block Library" pop-up list.

macOS Mojave 10.14.1
Axe-Edit III Version 1.00.05
Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.00 (release, not beta)

I did try a quick test of quitting out of Axe-Edit III all together, temporarily moved aside my ~/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III folder, restarted Axe-Edit III so it could make a fresh workspace copy, and then I went ahead and saved out a few new test blocks with random settings to see if it was an issue with my existing blocks, but still had the same behavior where if I picked "test 2" or "test 3" I instead got "test 1" settings only. I've also done the usual restart of computer, Axe-Fx III, and refresh of the block definitions again, just incase, but the behavior with the Block Library persists... Oh, and no warnings or errors of any kind are being logged in "block_library.log" either, FWIW.

Apologies if this has already been reported, I did do a quick search to see if it was a known issue of any kind, but didn't see anything, so I'm curious if it's happening for others as well.

Back
Top Bottom