Axe-Edit III 1.00.01 is now available via auto-update or from our website:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 1.17

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 1.16

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected "Refresh Cab Names" in the Preferences dialog.
* Added "Graphic EQ" pages to the DRIVE and WAH blocks to support firmware 1.17.

Wow, I figured you would be on the new changes, but when I loaded Axe-Edit this morning and it updated automatically it blew my mind. You guys are quick all around! Thanks for the update, and love the new features!

Sorry if this is a stupid question....is the 1.17 beta I downloaded yesterday the final release or should I download and install the one from the official downloads area on the fractal page?

It did not say beta.
Good to know. As a new fractal user I know there has been some confusion (on my part as well about the updates) especially when downloading the new 1.0 editor and realizing afterwards that it needed 1.16. I had same confusion initially when only seeing 1.15 then hearing that 1.16 was the beta so when I saw yesterday about 1.17 I thought it was beta. More info than you wanted but there it is. Thanks

Good to know. As a new fractal user I know there has been some confusion (on my part as well about the updates) especially when downloading the new 1.0 editor and realizing afterwards that it needed 1.16. I had same confusion initially when only seeing 1.15 then hearing that 1.16 was the beta so when I saw yesterday about 1.17 I thought it was beta. More info than you wanted but there it is. Thanks
agreed. as i mentioned in other threads, it is not typical for a Beta Firmware to be required. it was a few days and seemed to be unexpected.

If "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to ON the "Revert Preset" function doesn't work, if "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to OFF the "Revert Preset" function is working as it should.
If you try to adjust tempo under Controllers -> Tempo by clicking the adjusting knob and dragging the mouse, the tempo doesn't change and the knob jumps back at its original value as soon as you release the left button of the mouse.

Great improvements.
I don't if was implemented in this version but setup menu is very comfortable now.
Many new interesting features

The new EQ's in the wah and drive blocks are on by default in axe-Edit, is this right? So if I'm not using the eq leave it flat and on or turn it off? Didn't know it it made a difference with noise level or CPU.

Great update and I am very happy that I jumped on the "Fractal train" six years ago. I have found one small error on the Graphic EQ's; when selecting any of the two new 10 Band 2/3 Octave EQ's the frequencies displayed are 31Hz to 16kHz, i.e. the same as the "old" 10 Band EQ's. The frequencies displayed on the front panel of the Axe Fx III are correct (100Hz to 6400Hz)

upload_2018-10-12_7-59-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-12_7-58-45.png
    upload_2018-10-12_7-58-45.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom