Axe-Edit III 1.00.00

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.0 is now available via auto-update or from our website:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Axe-Edit III 1.0 REQUIRES firmware 1.16.

Firmware 1.16 is currently in public beta and can be found at:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-version-1-16-beta-2.143220/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Axe-Fx III running firmware 1.16 or greater

NEW IN THIS VERSION

Axe-Edit 1.0 is the first release, following the final Beta version, 0.9.21. 1.0 is the first fully-supported non-beta release with all major program features and functions working with no known bugs. It also contains several new features and fixes:
  • Modified the "Amp 1" and "Amp 2" labels to handle mouse-over and mouse-clicks. When clicked a new amp-info popup appears with the amp type for each channel in the amp block. Both labels launch the same informational popup.
  • Modified the block parameter view to show the current preset's name and scene names when a block is not selected.
  • Implemented the Tools menu "Export as Text" submenu items "Factory Cabs list" and "User Cabs list.
  • Added support for firmware 1.16
    • Added "Output Mode" to AMP block "Speaker Drive" page.
    • Added "Freq Range" and "Crossover Slope" to MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR

ON IT !!!!!!!!!!!
WOW..They never cease to amaze me .The minds at work daily improving some of the best ,of the best- Musical equipment on the face of the EARTH <!!!!!!!
Thanks Cliff and TEAM of Fractal Audio

I think the interface is starting to look extremely good and quite professional - not that it wasn't professional before - but now it just screams quality, care,and attention. Now if it would only stop losing connection to my pc ... but that is a problem unique to me and my system and something I need to track down. Anyway, a really nice job on the interface ... its lots of fun to use ... thanks ...

BUG: When I change the name of a preset, the change is not reflected in the list of presets in Axe Edit, even if I close the list, and open the list again.

I must close Axe Edit, and re-open, and then open the preset list, to see my change.

Last edited:
"Modified the block parameter view to show the current preset's name and scene names when a block is not selected"

This is really cool! Thanks

BUG: When I change the name of a preset, the change is not reflected in the list of presets in Axe Edit, even if I close the list, and open the list again.

I must close Axe Edit, and re-open, and then open the preset list, to see my change.

EDIT: SEE THIS VIDEO DEMO:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 12.23.56 PM.png

i think you click this Refresh button to make it update. in earlier versions, the Editor would refresh all preset names every single time, which slowed things down when you didn't change any names. now you manually update when you need it.

if this solves the problem, would you consider removing that video so future youtube searches don't make it seem like a current issue? :D

• Modified the "Amp 1" and "Amp 2" labels to handle mouse-over and mouse-clicks. When clicked a new amp-info popup appears with the amp type for each channel in the amp block. Both labels launch the same informational popup.
  • Modified the block parameter view to show the current preset's name and scene names when a block is not selected.
Both of these are welcome additions I never even realized I wanted until I saw them in action ;)
Thanks for all the awesome fit and finishing touches getting Axe-Edit III to 1.0, Michael. Definitely a milestone worth celebrating!

Thanks for this :)
Small bug ? When I click on Refresh/Cab names, it doesn't refresh the cab names but read the block definitions. Or, this is the message that I get

Thanks for this :)
Small bug ? When I click on Refresh/Cab names, it doesn't refresh the cab names but read the block definitions. Or, this is the message that I get

Fremen, its good to see you chiming in again.
Hope you been catching up your rest ,
Anxiously waiting for your AXE FX III preset`s .

Back
Top Bottom