Axe-Edit III 0.09.21 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p09p21-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p09p21-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:
  • Added independent Mute and Solo buttons to the Cab block.
  • Modified the Bypass and Scene buttons to change only their label color upon mouse-over. The button border color remains unchanged on mouse-over to reflect the current state.
  • Implemented Block menu "Disconnect All".
  • Implemented Tools menu "Export As Text" / "Preset List...".
  • Added "Show available devices..." to the Tools menu.
  • Added column and row move commands to the Block menu.
  • Updated Pause mode text. Modified Pause mode such that clicking anywhere on the window resumes communications.
  • Added Global Block indication to the Grid.
  • Corrected the TEMPO parameter in the Pitch Block Arpeggiator.
  • Added CPU Level Warning which replaces the CPU Meter when the level reaches 85% or higher.

---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

The Global Block indication on the Grid is a really nice touch, I just noticed some blocks were globals that I had totally forgot were globals :)

I'm getting a thump when clicking on the amp block. Other than that, everything is awesome!

Something doesn't look right with the modifier channel selector. Using a block with 4 channels A, B, C & D and selecting a parameter that can be controlled, the modifier dialog offers choices of All channels, channel A or channel B, but no C or D. Also, selecting channel B actually selects channel A.

Windows 10
Firmware 1.15

Something doesn't look right with the modifier channel selector. Using a block with 4 channels A, B, C & D and selecting a parameter that can be controlled, the modifier dialog offers choices of All channels, channel A or channel B, but no C or D. Also, selecting channel B actually selects channel A.

Windows 10
Firmware 1.15
I was just using it for this a couple hours ago. I saw all options for All and A-D.

Are you sure the block you were modifying supports 4 channels? Not all do...

Yes, I know not all blocks have 4 channels.

Pic attached of vol/pan block with background showing 4 channels available, but modifier lists only A & B. Also confirmed again that selecting B changes selection to A.

All works normally on the Axe-FX front panel.

mod_chan.jpg

Yes, I know not all blocks have 4 channels.

Pic attached of vol/pan block with background showing 4 channels available, but modifier lists only A & B. Also confirmed again that selecting B changes selection to A.

All works normally on the Axe-FX front panel.

View attachment 49676
Was it only the Vol/pan block?

I literally updated to FW1.15 and this latest Axe Edit last night. Then used this feature at least 5-6 times right before my reply to you. I'm also on Windows 10.

It worked for me with both Wah and Pitch blocks in multiple presets.

Did you try refreshing the block definitions?

Yes, it was on all blocks, but refreshing block definitions has fixed it! Many thanks for the reminder. I thought the refresh happened automatically.

First world problem I know, but the only PC near my music gear is Windows 7 so I can't normally use the beta editor. Only occasionally I get a Windows 10 PC to try out the editor. So maybe the editor version jumps prevented the auto-refresh? Anyway, all good now :)

There's no auto refresh when you upgrade Axe Edit. Auto refresh is when the hardware firmware is upgraded and Axe Edit "notices" that the hardware firmware has been upgraded.

There's no auto refresh when you upgrade Axe Edit. Auto refresh is when the hardware firmware is upgraded and Axe Edit "notices" that the hardware firmware has been upgraded.
That's what I thought would have happened. I think the last time I used (an older version of) Axe-Edit would have been on an older version of Axe-FX firmware, probably 1.13 back in July. But no matter, problem solved now.

Back
Top Bottom