Axe-Edit III 0.09.14 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p09p14-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p09p14-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:
  • Added a Disabled Mouse Wheel option to the Preferences dialog.
  • Updated the Preferences dialog by moving the Cabinet Import options to its own category to allow for additional help text.
  • Simplified the mouse double-click in the Grid so that it always toggles the block's bypass state regardless of the setting of Block Info.
  • Updated the LOOPER block to support the added parameters of firmware 1.15.
  • Corrected the operation of the LOOPER Undo and Erase buttons.
  • Corrected the bar graph spacing in the RTA block.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Thank you for the update!

CAB Manager is failing randomly. No sound from some IR's. Both with Auto-Audition and with double click.

Where can I get a previous release, to check if it is an issue of this version? It never happened before

edit:
I've made a more detailed analysis: I can hear every IR the first time that I select them, but if I go back to listen these IRs again, there is no sound coming from them. Unless I restart Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update!

CAB Manager is failing randomly. No sound from some IR's. Both with Auto-Audition and with double click.

Where can I get a previous release, to check if it is an issue of this version? It never happened before

edit:
I've made a more detailed analysis: I can hear every IR the first time that I select them, but if I go back to listen these IRs again, there is no sound coming from them. Unless I restart Axe-Edit.
I can't reproduce this. Auto-Audition is working fine here, as is double-click auditioning.

You can find older versions of just about everything Fractal on @AlGrenadine 's Fractal archive. Check his sig.

Thank you for the link. It is also happening with the previous version.

I've discovered that this is not happening with all IR's:

• Some Fractal Audio Cab Packs, Fremen, Red Wire and Dr Bonkers are working fine (random samples. I haven't tried them all)
  • Some Valhallir and Own Hammer collections (e.g.: VH-MA-WhiteAX97 or the 412-GTR_MES-ST) are not working. They are correctly loaded the first time they are selected, but not anymore.

Thank you for the link. It is also happening with the previous version.

I've discovered that this is not happening with all IR's:...
  • Some Valhallir and Own Hammer collections (e.g.: VH-MA-WhiteAX97 or the 412-GTR_MES-ST) are not working. They are correctly loaded the first time they are selected, but not anymore.
Sorry, I can't test those as I don't have them.

Back
Top Bottom