Axe-Edit III 0.09.07 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p09p07-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p09p07-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:
  • Added Quick Build. Keyboard shortcut 'Q'.
    • Enabling Quick Build retains the preset grid's full functionality allowing for cabling, block bypass, channel selection via hot-key ('A', 'B', 'C', or 'D' chooses the desired channel while 'X' cycles through the channels) , and block drag-and-drop within the preset grid.
  • Added Block Info button. Keyboard shortcut F1.
    • Enabling Block Info shows the blocks instance and channel numbers.
    • Like previous builds the ALT key is used to momentarily toggle between showing the normal grid images or the block info. However the ALT key now momentarily toggles the grid based on the current Block Info setting.
  • Corrected the block editor by removing the Global Block control when the SETUP button is selected.
  • Updated Snapshot button mouse-over image.
  • Added Sequencer "Damping Time" for fw 1.15 support.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Quick question. When 'Block Info' is enabled, double clicking a block cycles through the channels instead of bypassing the block. Is this the correct behavior?

Edit:
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Axe-Fx FW 1.15
Axe-Edit 0.09.07

If "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to ON the "Revert Preset" function doesn't work, if "Ignore Redundant PC" is set to OFF the "Revert Preset" function is working as it should.

If you try to adjust tempo under Controllers -> Tempo by clicking the adjusting knob and dragging the mouse, the tempo doesn't change and the knob jumps back at its original value as soon as you release the left button of the mouse.

Thanks! I've run into an issue, not sure if its related to this update. I saved two block to the block library yesterday, but can't acces them now. They are still saved in the folder though. I'm running mac 10.13.4

Thanks! I've run into an issue, not sure if its related to this update. I saved two block to the block library yesterday, but can't acces them now. They are still saved in the folder though. I'm running mac 10.13.4
There’s a log file in the blocks folder, does it list an error for the block scan at startup?

Yes:

/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Scene MIDI/h9 multitap_20180906_125410.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Input/Input 3_20180906_131256.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Chorus/random vibrato_20180906_200215.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

Yes:

/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Scene MIDI/h9 multitap_20180906_125410.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Input/Input 3_20180906_131256.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/jopvansummeren/Dropbox/Rig/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Chorus/random vibrato_20180906_200215.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx III firmware version 1.15 - beta and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

Noticing the same errors on my end in the logs... I upgraded to the final 1.15 firmware released yesterday... kinda seems like a bug to me, I'd think blocks would be forward compatible between firmwares. Anyone else?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it just hasn't been implemented yet? But I noticed that when you are on a 'Controllers' page (Scene Envelope, Pitch, etc.), and you select any other scene, the 'Controllers' page goes away?

On the AX8 and Axe-Fx II, the 'Controllers' page stays there while selecting scenes. As a mater of fact, the text under the scene knobs of the current scene are highlighted yellow. Would love to see this all implemented @Michael Pickens .

Last edited:
Reported by user.

Copying a channel to the clipboard and pasting it into another channel of the same block can result in no change (I've observed this in the Amp and Reverb blocks), and can also result in the pasting of other data into the block (I've observed this in the Drive block).

Confirmed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom