Axe-Edit III 0.08.21 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p08p21-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p08p21-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:
  • Added the option "Prompt on edited preset when changing or importing a preset from Axe-Edit" to the Preferences dialog.
    • This option works independent of the Axe-Fx III "Prompt on Edited Preset Change".
    • When the option is checked and the current preset is EDITED, a prompt will be displayed when changing a preset from within the editor or when importing a preset from within the editor.
    • When changing a preset via front panel or foot controller the editor will not prompt.
  • Corrected keyboard entry of the beats-per-minute in the TEMPO control.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

good morning, i updated axe-edit and i went into preferences last night and wanted to try using the circular knob option and when i went back to change it to linear again, it would go back to circular after closing the preferences window. I'm using a Mac and on some of the drop-down boxes like choosing a wah or selecting a different driver pedal,it takes 4 or 5 times clicking on the option i want for it to take. I've uninstalled an re-installed the editor. Any help would be appreciated.

good morning, i updated axe-edit and i went into preferences last night and wanted to try using the circular knob option and when i went back to change it to linear again, it would go back to circular after closing the preferences window. I'm using a Mac and on some of the drop-down boxes like choosing a wah or selecting a different driver pedal,it takes 4 or 5 times clicking on the option i want for it to take. I've uninstalled an re-installed the editor. Any help would be appreciated.
It’s still in beta, there are still issues.....but getting better over time//...

It’s still in beta, there are still issues.....but getting better over time//...
Thanks. That's what i figured. I posted this question last night and deleted it immediately cause i didn't want to be "that guy" Then I got bored at work this morning and figured I would ask.

Thanks. That's what i figured. I posted this question last night and deleted it immediately cause i didn't want to be "that guy" Then I got bored at work this morning and figured I would ask.
You can be sure that @Michael Pickens who is doing these betas, and the rest of the fractal gang keep an
Eye on this thread and posts like yours may just clue them to something that actually needs attention....

Just a bit of quick feedback from a new Axe Edit III user.

The automatic update has worked perfectly for the last two updates (using the Windows version on Windows 10 build 17134.228).

For info: I did have an issue with the USB connection dropping out occasionally two versions back, but since the update (and the USB driver update to 4.47.0) it hasn't dropped the connection once and has been very stable.

In other words the beta is already more stable than a lot of production software I've seen.

Keep up the great work.

Gordon.

A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

Release Notes:
  • Added the option "Prompt on edited preset when changing or importing a preset from Axe-Edit" to the Preferences dialog.
    • This option works independent of the Axe-Fx III "Prompt on Edited Preset Change".
    • When the option is checked and the current preset is EDITED, a prompt will be displayed when changing a preset from within the editor or when importing a preset from within the editor.
    • When changing a preset via front panel or foot controller the editor will not prompt.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

I'm trying to make sure I understand the "Prompt on Edit" setting:

If Prompt on Edit is "Off", does this mean that any arbitrary changes made to a preset will be automatically saved, when switching to another preset? (AxeEdit will overwrite your saved preset with whatever changes you made while checking out a preset.)

- or -

Does it mean it will not prompt you to save, when switching? Any arbitrary changes you made to a preset will simply be discarded, if you switch to another preset. (AxeEdit won't ask if you wish to save the Preset when you switch Presets.)

Likewise, I presume Prompt on Edit "On" means AxeEdit will ask if you want to save a Preset, if you switch to another preset, if you made any changes?

I'm trying to make sure I understand the "Prompt on Edit" setting:

If Prompt on Edit is "Off", does this mean that any arbitrary changes made to a preset will be automatically saved, when switching to another preset? (AxeEdit will overwrite your saved preset with whatever changes you made while checking out a preset.)

- or -

Does it mean it will not prompt you to save, when switching? Any arbitrary changes you made to a preset will simply be discarded, if you switch to another preset. (AxeEdit won't ask if you wish to save the Preset when you switch Presets.)

Likewise, I presume Prompt on Edit "On" means AxeEdit will ask if you want to save a Preset, if you switch to another preset, if you made any changes?
There is no automatic save (thank God!).

If Prompt on Edit is turned on, you will get an "are you sure?" type of prompt when you attempt to leave a preset that you've edited.

Hi,

I don't know if we can call it a bug but the dotted line which appear around the scene volume in the output block do not follow the switching of scenes...

Maybe I am wrong and it never followed scenes switching...

Hi,

I don't know if we can call it a bug but the dotted line which appear around the scene volume in the output block do not follow the switching of scenes...

Maybe I am wrong and it never followed scenes switching...
The dotted-line box shows which parameter you’ve selected for editing, not which scene you’re on. All blocks work in the same way.

There is no automatic save (thank God!).

If Prompt on Edit is turned on, you will get an "are you sure?" type of prompt when you attempt to leave a preset that you've edited.

Perfect - that's what I had hoped.

So if "Prompt on Edit" is Off, you just won't get a reminder to save changes, and they'll just go away. That's great, because that allows us to get out of that hole we just dug.....:eek:

Sounds like a handy setting.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom