Axe-Edit III 0.08.15 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p08p15-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p08p15-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:

REQUIRES Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.13 or newer.
After installing Axe-Edit III, please select "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu to have to access to the latest parameters.

• On OSX, right-clicking a toggle button now shows the Modifier dialog if the control is modifiable.
  • Moving a block diagonally now causes the EDITED light to come on.
  • Block Copy/Paste now copies and pastes the block's assigned modifiers.
  • Added Block Library support. Note that blocks created for the Axe-Fx II, AX8, and FX8 are not compatible with the Axe-Fx III. (In some cases the EDITED light may not come on when pasting blocks or inserting blocks from the library. This has been fixed in the firmware for a post 1.14 release.)
  • Added "Save as blocks in Library" to Preset menu.
  • Updated the color of the "Presets" and "Scenes" Picker button on the main UI.
  • Updated the icons in the Block menu.
  • Added "Copy current channel to Clipboard" and "Paste Clipboard to current channel" to the Channel menu. Note that copying and pasting a channel will include any assigned modifiers.
  • "Setup" and "Controllers" buttons now show their selected state when clicked.
  • Modified the Cabinet / IR Player cabinet number control to support keyboard shortcuts when the control is selected.
    • Up or Right: Increment the cabinet value. (Hold Ctrl or Command key to increment by 10.)
    • Down or Left: Decrement the cabinet value. (Hold Ctrl or Command key to decrement by 10.)
    • Enter/Return: Display the value edit box.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Axe-Edit now has the copy-paste feature I have needed from day one of receiving my Axe-Fx III.
This feature is absolutely crucial to migrating from the Axe-Fx II to the III in a way that takes advantage of the III's additional 4 scenes.
Now I can start building my preset rigs that are based on a given amp and thereby condense a majority of my presets into half that amount.

Thank you so very much, Michael.

thanks for this huge update Michael.
i'm very happy to refind the "block library".

I don't know if it was reported in the previous beta versions but, I noticed that there was an error in the "copy channels x to y" window.
on the blocks amp, drive ... we have access to blocks E and F. But this is perhaps an anticipation on the future ...?

is it possible somewhere to download the previous beta?
I have some issue and would like to come back to understand the point

thanks

thanks for this huge update Michael.
i'm very happy to refind the "block library".

I don't know if it was reported in the previous beta versions but, I noticed that there was an error in the "copy channels x to y" window.
on the blocks amp, drive ... we have access to blocks E and F. But this is perhaps an anticipation on the future ...?
They show up, but you don’t have access to them. All the targets for those selections are grayed out. Maybe the selections themselves should be grayed out as well.

But you do get all six channels on the Multiplexer block. :)

Works just like I'd hoped it would, very happy.

And can't believe how good the JMP model is sounding - hard to look at anything else

Back
Top Bottom