Axe-Edit III 0.07.26 Public Beta

Wonderful!
Thanks
Pauly

A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p07p26-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p07p26-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:

REQUIRES Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.13 or newer.

After installing Axe-Edit III, please select "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu to have to access to the latest parameters.
  • Picker Window modifications:
    • Adjusted the control layout.
    • When viewing Preset or Cab names a refresh button appears in the upper right. This will refresh the names from the Axe-Fx III.
    • Color filtering is now available when viewing the AMP types or Cab names.
  • User Cab names are now stored in the block definitions file. Upon launching the editor, the cabinet names will be queried and stored to disk if the block definitions file does not contain User Cabs. The User Cab names can be manually refreshed in any of the following manners:
    • 1) Click the Refresh button from within the Cabinet Picker,
    • 2) From the Preferences dialog, click the Refresh button under the "Cab Names" section,
    • 3) From the Preferences dialog, click the Refresh button under the "Block Definitions" section to refresh both the block definitions and the User Cab names, and
    • 4) Choose "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu to refresh both the block definitions and the User Cab names.
  • Displaying the Tuner now activates the Tuner screen on the Axe-Fx III. This allows the Axe-Fx III to mute when the Axe-Fx III's Tuner Mute parameter is set accordingly.
  • Added Axe-Manage Presets.
  • Added Axe-Manage Cabs (The Easy Cab Dialog will be implemented soon).
  • Added import of a preset from a bank file via drag-and-drop onto the Preset name field of the main editor screen.
  • Added support for up to 6 channels to accommodate the MULTIPLEXER.
  • Layouts
    • Added Type to RING MODULATOR for firmware 1.13 compatibility.
    • Updated all MULTITAP DELAY layouts for firmware 1.13 compatibility.
    • Added labels to the PEQ graph.Added "Dual Chorus" layout to the CHORUS for firmware 1.13 compatibility.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

EFD476B5-B0E0-423B-886A-A249F2C1C3E5.jpeg
I left for 2 weeks’ vacation this morning, about 7 hours before this dropped. Under no circumstances is anyone to use this UNTIL I GET BACK.

And if you must use it, please do not post any comments about how awesome it is.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

;)
I feel your pain...I read Mr. Pickens most welcome announcement while I was attending the Cubs/ Arizona game at Wrigley… I had to wait almost 4 hours for Rizzo‘s walk off homer to get back to my III and load it up thanks Michael

Way to go, Michael! I love the speedup with the cab name storage on disk, and the tuner mute! And the preset manager! This is a huge update!!!

Yeah!!! Now manage cabs and presets are implemented finally
1f609.png
Much appreciated :)

When inserting/selecting the Ring Modulator block, the TYPE menu for it displays the TYPE menu of the block that was previously selected. Is this intentional?

Thank you so much Michael! Awesome work!

I see future new Channels E and F may be coming!!! Wow!

It would be good to have a scene SWAP feature as well (not just copy).

Michael said the channels E and F were for multiplexer in release notes, so maybe I have that wrong, but it was cool to see them as options.

Love Cab Manage but I have a possible bug:

I spent a couple of hours yesterday reorganizing my IR's in the Axe FX III and all the ones that changed location now have 'straight' letters as if they're not ultrarez anymore.
The ones that didn't change places are angled.
On the Axe FX's panel itself all the cabs are purple.
They are all supposed to be ultrarez.

Love Cab Manage but I have a possible bug:

I spent a couple of hours yesterday reorganizing my IR's in the Axe FX III and all the ones that changed location now have 'straight' letters as if they're not ultrarez anymore.
The ones that didn't change places are angled.
On the Axe FX's panel itself all the cabs are purple.
They are all supposed to be ultrarez.
Did you try refreshing them?

Back
Top Bottom