Axe-Edit III 0.06.29 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p06p29-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p06p29-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:

REQUIRES Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.10 or newer.

After installing Axe-Edit III 0.06.29, please select "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu to have to access to the latest parameters.

• Layouts
    • Added a global mix button to the MIX parameter of all applicable layouts.
    • Added labels to the graphs (still need to add PEQ labels).
    • Added Scene page to OUTPUT (requires firmware 1.12 or greater).
    • Added "CS per Scene" page to CONTROLLERS.
---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

The pace and quality of updates with FAS is stunning. And I’ve been along for the ride for a while now (II>XL>III).

Best gear purchase ever...easily.

Will we eventually get the tuner to mute in Axe-Edit III like Axe-Edit II does? I know there are still a lot of features to work in but just checking so it might not get overlooked. Thanks

I'm Having a bit of USB lag issue after this update and 1.12. Switching scenes from the Front panel or via midi its really noticeable. Was pretty much instant prior. This was yesterday during a pre show frantic tweak session so I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot today yet.

Gone today so must have been a bad USB connection. Disregard post please

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question, but what does the "CS per Scene" control do?
Those are Control Switches. They come from the AX8 (which had 2 of them). The Axe Fx 3 has 6 of them. They can be assigned to a switch on the (upcoming) FC pedals (and also via MIDI), and also turn on and off "per scene". They operate much like a scene controller, but you can only 'switch' between a minimum and maximum setting.

Having them connected to a switch and being controlled via scenes makes them unique. You can for instance, have one Control Switch attached to the boost switch in an amp block, the bypass control of a delay block, and the bypass control of a filter block. You can activate all 3 of these attachments with a single push of a button (like a solo boost?) at any time, in any scene, and also have them activated whenever selecting a specific scene (like a solo scene?). Like all other controller assignments, they are immune to scene changes, but you also have the added benefit of assigning their 'on/off' states per scene.

Those are Control Switches. They come from the AX8 (which had 2 of them). The Axe Fx 3 has 6 of them. They can be assigned to a switch on the (upcoming) FC pedals (and also via MIDI), and also turn on and off "per scene". They operate much like a scene controller, but you can only 'switch' between a minimum and maximum setting.

Having them connected to a switch and being controlled via scenes makes them unique. You can for instance, have one Control Switch attached to the boost switch in an amp block, the bypass control of a delay block, and the bypass control of a filter block. You can activate all 3 of these attachments with a single push of a button (like a solo boost?) at any time, in any scene, and also have them activated whenever selecting a specific scene (like a solo scene?). Like all other controller assignments, they are immune to scene changes, but you also have the added benefit of assigning their 'on/off' states per scene.
Wait... You can use midi to trigger Control Switches?

I need to explore that! Where are the CC assignments made for them (which page under Midi/Remote)?

Wait... You can use midi to trigger Control Switches?

I need to explore that! Where are the CC assignments made for them (which page under Midi/Remote)?
Oddly enough...no? I assumed any 'FC pedal' function would be open for midi control?

Maybe this can be added for those not using the Fractal 'FC' pedals?

But you can control any of the 16 External Controllers. Which are used by the Control Switches. But not quite the same thing?

Oddly enough...no? I assumed any 'FC pedal' function would be open for midi control?

Maybe this can be added for those not using the Fractal 'FC' pedals?

But you can control any of the 16 External Controllers. Which are used by the Control Switches. But not quite the same thing?
Yeah... Just spent 10 minutes trying to find it ;)

Back
Top Bottom