Axe-Edit III 0.06.23 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p06p23-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p06p23-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:

REQUIRES Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.10 or newer.

Please run "Refresh after new FW" after installing the editor.

* Corrected the direct editing of parameter values.
* Corrected the PIN in the Picker window.
* Corrected highlighting of the CONTROLLERS Modifier page.
* Switching scenes within a preset while a block is selected and open for editing no longer causes an audio dropout.
* Layouts
- Centered CAB name
- Added initial SCENE MIDI layout. More features are forthcoming.
- Corrected COMPRESSOR "Dynamics Processor" layout.

---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Still issues with direct editing of values. As an example, I had the IIC++ loaded up and I was in the MArk 5 band EQ and trying to enter (type in) a value of -3.46 into the 2nd and 4th slider, I had to type and hit enter about 6 times before the value took. was also happening randomly on all other fields in the amp, reverb and input gate as well. It's not consistent, sometimes it takes when you hit enter, other times you have to enter it twice, sometimes three times, etc...

Still issues with direct editing of values. As an example, I had the IIC++ loaded up and I was in the MArk 5 band EQ and trying to enter (type in) a value of -3.46 into the 2nd and 4th slider, I had to type and hit enter about 6 times before the value took. was also happening randomly on all other fields in the amp, reverb and input gate as well. It's not consistent, sometimes it takes when you hit enter, other times you have to enter it twice, sometimes three times, etc...
What operating system are you using?
Does this occur most often on presets with high cpu usage?

I'm using a 10.13.5 OS on my mac. I've ran into issues with my AXEFXiii dropping connection from the AXE-Edit. I'm also not able to access the cab manager. Is this happening with anyone else?

I'm using a 10.13.5 OS on my mac. I've ran into issues with my AXEFXiii dropping connection from the AXE-Edit.
There's a known issue with using Logic (other DAWs might be similarly affected) and Axe-Edit that can cause Axe-Edit to timeout communicating with the III (something with Apple's USB driver they're said to be looking into when they can). Disconnecting the USB cable, power cycling the AxeFX, and then replugging the USB after a couple seconds usually sorts it. I have found occasionally I need to restart the whole computer to get the two talking again.

I'm also not able to access the cab manager. Is this happening with anyone else?
Axe-Manage Cabs has not been implemented for Axe-Edit III yet.

There's a known issue with using Logic (other DAWs might be similarly affected) and Axe-Edit that can cause Axe-Edit to timeout communicating with the III (something with Apple's USB driver they're said to be looking into when they can). Disconnecting the USB cable, power cycling the AxeFX, and then replugging the USB after a couple seconds usually sorts it. I have found occasionally I need to restart the whole computer to get the two talking again.

Axe-Manage Cabs has not been implemented for Axe-Edit III yet.
Thanks for the quick reply! I do use Logic, perhaps that's why it's crashing. Thanks for tips, I'll be sure to try those methods out.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do use Logic, perhaps that's why it's crashing. Thanks for tips, I'll be sure to try those methods out.
FWIW, here’s the original thread discussing the issue if you want to read up on the history (and the work around suggestions) so far… it’ll probably remain an inconvenience until Apple’s had a chance to sort the issue with their USB driver.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/issue-when-using-axe-edit-iii-at-same-time-as-logic.138154/

FWIW, here’s the original thread discussing the issue if you want to read up on the history (and the work around suggestions) so far… it’ll probably remain an inconvenience until Apple’s had a chance to sort the issue with their USB driver.

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I have Windows partitioned on my Mac, does Axe Edit run better on Windows at the moment?

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I have Windows partitioned on my Mac, does Axe Edit run better on Windows at the moment?
Unknown, I'm a Mac only guy myself.

Personally, I've just been using either Axe-Edit or Logic, never both together, and just accept that occasionally, I might have to power cycle in between... if you're going to be rebooting to windows to use Axe-Edit... affectively the same thing to just reboot macOS or power cycle the Axe, no? ;)

(Note: if you do decide to use Windows for Axe-Edit you'll want to install the USB driver available on the main Fractal site first)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom