Axe-Edit, FracPad, FracTool....

beck

HI all ,

I have been using (first time owner) my new axe fx II XL+ with axe edit / PC about a week.

I want to get a dedicated PC , and would like it to be touch screen - will axe-edit will work that way ?

Then I noticed fracPad, and fracTool ?

Is FracPad for Android - is it going to be as good as/better than axe edit?

Does anyone have experience running it on a Chromebook - the new ones support Android apps.

And, FracTool is for doing "other stuff" that axe-edit/FracPad can't ? is it only for PC/Mac or will it also work on Android ?

I'd like to use all 3 utilities on a single machine... Is a chromebook a good solution or is a PC a better choice - compatibility/stability-wise?

I looked for a while, but couldn't find exact answers, thinking of buying a machine today - lots of sales..:)

Thanks for any/all help

Chromebooks don’t load regular computer programs.

Hi Chris,

Sounds like you're saying all 3 tools are available for PC/Mac only...and not Android ?
Will axe-edit work on a touch screen PC (respond to touch instead of using a mouse) ?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Sounds like you're saying all 3 tools are available for PC/Mac only...and not Android ?
Will axe-edit work on a touch screen PC (respond to touch instead of using a mouse) ?

Thanks
Any program works on a touch pc if it works on a regular pc. However it is not optimized for touch - it is designed for a mouse, so it may not be perfect for use with touch.

fractool/fracpad are not products made by Fractal. They are made by community members and you'll have to ask them for any info. If new Chromebooks run Android apps, chances are it will work but I wouldn't go drop a bunch of money on one assuming the apps will work... confirm with the authors. A CHROMEBOOK IS NOT A PC. IT DOES NOT RUN WINDOWS EXECUTABLES SUCH AS AXE-EDIT.

Axe-Edit works fine on my Surface Pro and Surface Book touchscreens because like Chris said, a touchscreen is pretty much the same as a mouse. That said, some of the controls/buttons in Axe-Edit can be small and difficult to hit if you have a tiny screen and fat fingers so bigger is better.

FracPad is an alternative to AxeEdit, works on every OS, and is designed for touch use
FracTool is basically a preset converter and offers other functions. It's a utility that's why it runs only on desktop OSes.

FracPad is an alternative to AxeEdit, works on every OS, and is designed for touch use
FracTool is basically a preset converter and offers other functions. It's a utility that's why it runs only on desktop OSes.

My Axe Edit has failed for some as yet unknown reason. Can I replace it on my non-touch laptop with FracTool or FracPad?

Well, it's easier just to ask :), not to mention that the trials and tribulations of the past couple of days have really got me down. But being the optimist that I am (not), I'll take yer post as a maybe and try it. Thanks for the reply, Al. I
sure hope it works and probably will report back.

Well, it's easier just to ask :), not to mention that the trials and tribulations of the past couple of days have really got me down. But being the optimist that I am (not), I'll take yer post as a maybe and try it. Thanks for the reply, Al. I
sure hope it works and probably will report back.
Well it depends on why your axeedit doesn't work anymore .. . If it's a driver issue it won't work

Back
Top Bottom