Axe Edit for the Axe III

Pwrmac7600

Power User
So this got absolutely no traction in the Axe III thread, probably because most everyone is more concerned about the hardware than the software, So I will post the question here and hope I get some insight.

"I see in the description of the new version of Axe Edit that it states that windows scale cleanly to any size display, Is it like the current scaling where everything in the window just gets bigger as the window gets bigger? Or for instance, will it allow you to launch the manager and enlarge the window to see more cabs, more presets etc??
Also will the flyout windows be locked to the constraints of the axe edit window, or will you be able to have your manager window open and still access the main window to edit and amp"

I would expect it will simply scale bigger as that makes more sense. I wonder if it will now scale bigger but without becoming blurry like it does now. I hope some of the updates trickle down to the Axe-Edit for Axe-Fx 2 too.

I am more referring to the manager windows. It would be nice for the window size to increase but text size stay the same and just show more rows allowing access to more choices in one window and cut down on scrolling

I am more referring to the manager windows. It would be nice for the window size to increase but text size stay the same and just show more rows allowing access to more choices in one window and cut down on scrolling

Those are two separate issues. The windows need to scale proportionally so that they are not tiny on a 4K display for example. They also need to use high res bitmaps so the UI doesn't become blurry when it's scaled up.

Otherwise showing more stuff in list windows by resizing should be entirely possible to do.

Also curious if windows are locked within the Axe Edit application window. As now when you open the manager windows, they stay within the confines of axe edit rather than being able to move them out of the way and still have access to amp controls while having the cab manager window open and scrolling through cabs. Currently being able t pin the cab window is cool and all, but I so badly want to drag it over to the right so I can tweak controls as I search for the cab I want to use.

yeah im very much hoping that the old axe edit for the XL+ etc, is done away with as the poor scaling and lack of resolution features is just a big pain, looks fuzzy as anything. heres hoping.

Back
Top Bottom