Wish Axe-Edit for Tablet/IOS/Android

Pfaelzer

An application like axe-edit might be predestinated for a medium Touchscreen as Ipad and Android pads have. I think it would be the natural grip to use my fingers to turn the knobs on a Touchscreen...and a tablet is smaller and lighter than a Laptop and so the best device for editing on stage and in rehearsal room.
I tried a third Party app to edit my axe, but it's a piece of crap....

So please....to convert the mac Version to IOS might not be a big Problem but a big solution and might also catch those who don't buy the axe because it ain't got so many "real" knobs like the KPA.

This comes up regularly... and the answer is probably not any time soon. AE uses multi-platform libraries (mac/win) supporting a common C++ code base. Those same libs support iOS, Linux and Android platforms, but require different code bases (xcode and Android NDK).
Will the constant improvements in firmware, and the features to still add to the existing AE version on the radar for the single code base, I don't expect the Dev team to branch into duplicating versions for iOS, tablets or other non-PC device any time soon.

That's my $0.02 .. I have no insider knowledge as to FAS direction on it, so take it for what it's worth.

Would love to see this though, how great to take your iPad to a gig/rehearsal and have all the Axe-Edit functionality at your fingertips, fabulous!

+1

I would love to see AxeEdit for the iPad. I've been using the Lemur based iPad editor for months and it's a joy to develop patches using the touchscreen. It's so easy, for example, to audition different speaker IR's. Simply reach over and touch the one you want. You'd be amazed at how much time it requires to grab the mouse, relative to simply touching the screen.

Terry.

+1

I would love to see AxeEdit for the iPad. I've been using the Lemur based iPad editor for months and it's a joy to develop patches using the touchscreen. It's so easy, for example, to audition different speaker IR's. Simply reach over and touch the one you want. You'd be amazed at how much time it requires to grab the mouse, relative to simply touching the screen.

Terry.

Interesting, didn't know there were 3rd party app's you could use for the AxeFx, got any more info on it?

Back
Top Bottom